Electric "Engines"?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retread316

Adrenaline Junkie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Engines or Motors...what do YOU call them?

i`d say electric motor,but if it is driving a truck or car? would it become an engine if it is propelling something?
is this a trick question.

From Dictionary.com...

mo·tor Pronunciation Key (mtr) n.
Something, such as a machine or an engine, that produces or imparts motion.
A device that converts any form of energy into mechanical energy, especially an internal-combustion engine or an arrangement of coils and magnets that converts electric current into mechanical power.

en·gine Pronunciation Key (njn) n.
A machine that converts energy into mechanical force or motion.
Such a machine distinguished from an electric, spring-driven, or hydraulic motor by its use of a fuel.

IMO, this forum seems out of place. This is Nitro talk, right? Who needs a clean, quiet running R/C anyway? :banana:

Well I was allwats taught it was
Motor = electric and Engine was combustion
I can't belive El Pirata isn't all over this one. X

:banana: :banana:

I always though motor=elec and Engine = gas too

Originally posted by DarthRacer
IMO, this forum seems out of place. This is Nitro talk, right? Who needs a clean, quiet running R/C anyway? :banana:

So I guess there is no reason to have them little electric motors in them servos either? I mean who wants to rev or turn their Nitro.. Just let it idle in a strait line right? X;)

Retread has defined the answer to his own question. Let's change the name of this forum to Electric Motors and leave it right where it is.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
Retread has defined the answer to his own question. Let's change the name of this forum to Electric Motors and leave it right where it is.
I agree lets change this or have a poll on the front page everyytime I read this is screws with my head. X

I agree lets change this or have a poll on the front page everyytime I read this is screws with my head. X
elctric motor starts nitro enjine with some models traxxis n losibut bo versa vesa makes sense rite? I'm liking pull start when i had nitro carz. why not hibrid elctric and gas to running car? sure

Wow this thread is even older than that one from 2004 that someone dug up a week or two ago. Please ffs, use spell check and punctuation. Trying to read your posts is like trying to find words in one of those word search puzzles....everything looks like a scramble of letters and then if you stare at it long enough words suddenly pop out at you here and there until you can read it.

elctric motor starts nitro enjine with some models traxxis n losibut bo versa vesa makes sense rite? I'm liking pull start when i had nitro carz. why not hibrid elctric and gas to running car? sure
GOT to be kidding me, @snowcheetah94 . Over 14 years since that thread was posted, you reply to a member who was banned from this site, and NOW I get a blistering headache trying to read a useless post.
Please check the dates before you reply, and if your response can not be interpreted it will be deleted. Immediately.

Last edited:
LMAO I just realized that the guy who got banned is the same guy that I saw some really old post on some forum called BannedRC or something like that a couple weeks ago. When I stumbled across that ban hammer pic I did a google search trying to find more pics that might have been related. I didnt find that but I did find that post where that same guy was running RCNT and Woodie in particular into the ground. He seemed to be really pissed about getting banned and was talking trash soemthing about cheating and the top 100 sites...I have no idea what he was talking about with the cheating but this guy was seriously butt hurt about getting banned lol. and just for the record no I did not reply to it since it was about as old as this one lol. Sometimes the internet can actually seem like a fairly small place. :)

Seems he was banned a year before I got here. I think this forum started in '02 and if old stories are accurate, most of the original members here were banned from Traxxas who banned almost everyone who ever joined.

Back