x-ray xb808

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGT8.0owner

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
i've been wanting to start racing more competivly and i was woundering your guys opinoin on the xb808...also u might have saw my other thread xt8 question this is not the same 1

i know nothing about them, you might google it and see whats being said about them on other forums and maybe watch some youtube vids on them as well. xray is supposed to be bad ass, i know i love my x ray t1 tourer.

Xrays rock I have 1 that was built buy gene hickerson he was on tea:first_place xray and it rocks.

The wear rate of the plastics is terrible, the front gearbox is weak (where it attaches to the shock tower) the drive shaft pins wear out real quick and you need a $150 tool to change them, the shock pistons have a habit of expanding and binding with the shock body.. (I could go on) Have a look on the Xray forum.

NB I have seen these 'faults' first hand, not just read about them.

Last edited:
The wear rate of the plastics is terrible, the front gearbox is weak (where it attaches to the shock tower) the drive shaft pins wear out real quick and you need a $150 tool to change them, the shock pistons have a habit of expanding and binding with the shock body.. (I could go on) Have a look on the Xray forum.

NB I have seen these 'faults' first hand, not just read about them.

wow i've never heard any of this and i'm part of the x-ray forum....i always heard that x-rays were perfect....i'm still going to get a new xt8...2009 spec hopefully

Wow, I have a couple Xrays and several local racers run them and these are not complaints I've heard. Nor have I read them on the xray forums. That's not to say there can't be a bad apple in every bunch, but this is in no way the norm. I'm not sure why you need $150 tool to change the drive shaft pins either. Mine come out with a #2 hex driver that I bought at my LHS for $4.00.

Just to give you an idea on Xray though. Probably THE top driver at our track, raced an 808. He bought a Hyper 9, sold that, bought a MBX-6, sold that and started racing his Xray again. Said that nothing else compared.

Good luck!

..... I'm not sure why you need $150 tool to change the drive shaft pins either. Mine come out with a #2 hex driver that I bought at my LHS for $4.00.

You need a tool to push the pin out.

What one have you got, the 808?