Body on Fuel Cut

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cptvkirk

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
Anyone have a reliable method of bringing the fuel cut off to the outside of the body? If not or if it's a bad idea, am i hurting the engine much by just sticking my finger over the exaust to kill it by chokeout? Yes, I do instantly turn it to BDC, just concerned using exhaust plug shutoff msg may be hurting my engine and since I can't afford a replacement, I need to be certain.

I touch the back of the flywheel with my tuning screwdriver, or I touch the end of the flywheel with the handle of my screwdriver.

Pinching the line leans it out a lot for a few seconds and I've had it blow plugs. May have been an old plug or I was a bit on the lean side in the first place. Either way, I don't like the leaning of it right before I kill it.

Plugging the exhaust has a tendency to flood the engine with fuel since all the pressure goes through the pressure line in the tank, then pushes a large amount of fuel into the engine. Also not a desirable situation. Makes for a hydro-locked engine or at the very least, a hard start.

Stopping the flywheel does neither of those and kills the engine instantly.

I do that usually, but if something breaks or while doing break-in, I do kill it by the flywheel.

However, I've blown a few plugs due to running it empty. Usually when I don't realize it's empty and I'm running at a pretty good clip just as it runs out.

I cut the body out from the motor cooling head hole. I can then use the clamp but i touch the flywheel to kill it.

And all this time I've been stopping it by running into trees at WOT....

Learn something new every day. :p:

:first_place::p:I usually just run it and when I'm done, just unplug the LIPO. lol:p::first_place:

Me too. I just unplug the Lipo pack when i'm done.

I also just press the red kill switch button on my Baja's when I am done.

When I ran nitro, I always stopped the flywheel with whatever was handy. At the end of the day, I ran it dry.

If you run in to a tree you could disconnect the fuel line and start in and let it run out...

Last edited:
Thanks. LMFAO!! Now I learned ANOTHER way to stop it. :hehe:

come on ralph, you know if you just take your hand off of it, the carpet fibers will slow it down after about 3 ft.

Back