Whats the coldest YOU would run it in?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage fan

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
whats the coldest you would run your savage in without wraping the cooling head, and at what outside temperature should you wrap the cooling head and what material would you use?

Last edited:
If it's below 40F, I wrap. If it's below 20F I don't run. Too cold for me to stand out there unless there isn't any wind... which usually there is around here.

I used to use a hunk of rubber bicycle inner tube, but this year, I just used a strip of tin-foil that I doubled up by folding it, then wrapped it around the head and put a ziptie around it to hold it. Worked pretty good.

i have ran it at 35ish without wraping, do u think thats to cold?

yea i was running mine and it was like 20f and i was fine temps ranged from 220-240

okay, sounds like good advice

my name is Jason and I just found this web site. I have a savage ss, I also am into helicoptors

Welcome

Welcome to RCNT! Btw you should post in "Introduce yourself" section! :D

18 here and I just got in. Kind of fun but too cold for me.

lol, mabie he just ataches a tube to his exaust pipe and runs the smoke out the chiminy

i know its crazy talk but thats what he said. but now he got alloy steering he gets to push it up and down the hall way

Actually, I think he moved from the hallway to the side walk.

Back