K 5.9 drop in?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mido

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Alrihgty, so i think i might buy a k5.9 engine off of ebay.. Here the item description: This auction is for (1) New HPI K5.9 Engine. Includes 3 needle carb and roto start backplate. This Big Block 6 port Engine is rated at 3.75HP. 39,500 RPM. Drop in replacement for 21/25/X/SS.

So am i going to need any other parts to get this guy in? or do i just take off the old engine and take off the old mount and put it on the new one? Or are htye different mounts?
Let me know everything that i need so i can buy it! THANKS ALOT!

Drop In?

Is it a direct drop in? Also, can i use the same mount as the f4.6 that i have now? Let me know
Thanks

Yes its a direct drop in. and yes it will fit the mount. BUUUUT you will probably need to trim the inner edges of the mount to make the picco's BEEFY block fit. Its fairly easy to do. Good luck man ;)

So for sure no k5.9? I found a cheap one and comes brand new with mount and all. 150 total. Let me know

Dunno wat to get, anybody try both and know what they both feel like?
let me know!1

go with the k5.9

Can you explain why? The K5.9 is a huge thorn in most savage owners sides.

I've seen a case where there was a butt load of meal shavings in one

But most complain about tuning and poor parts quality. Its just a big piece of you know what...Its got more horror storeys than I've seen with axail engines.

A picco .28 will flat out kill any K5.9 period. Unless you get one to beat a high powered Italian engine like a picco then don't even think of saying its a good upgrade engine.

Not trying to be mean. I'm just tell in the truth.

i own two k5.9 motors. both run great and would put it up to the picco .28. i'm not saying it would beat it but it would hold its own. alot has to do with your tuning. if you dont have alot of nitro experince it can be a pain. plus you to remember this is the first year for the motor. things always have bugs the first year. I own 2 savage x and a savage xl. it'll drop right in to the savage without a problem. dont let peopl scare you off the 5.9. i've seen picco with problems too.also a good motor in the savage is a ofna .32. i have one in a savage x and it runs great. but this is just my 2 cents. i've been in the hobby for 15years or so.