OS 18tz(p) with 11k carb question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlmt16

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
will that motor fit in a stock tmaxx 2.5 using the stock motor mount?

the 2.5 anit cutting it anymore its a aggravating to keep tuned.

Motor mount, yes, it should. Guessing the 11k is a slide carb.

Your problem will be the header. The 2.5 header port is smaller and shallower than most rear exhaust small blocks. You may have to fork over a decent amount of dough to use the OS t-maxx 18TM header. I don't know if it fits though either... but it would be your best bet.

I've seen the 18tm header on ebay for 24.99 buy now..but how would I find out for sure it fits?

I reckon I could go to my LHS and find out.

thanks.

Motor mount, yes, it should. Guessing the 11k is a slide carb.

Your problem will be the header. The 2.5 header port is smaller and shallower than most rear exhaust small blocks. You may have to fork over a decent amount of dough to use the OS t-maxx 18TM header. I don't know if it fits though either... but it would be your best bet.

Yeah, I tried searching on tower for the 18TM header, but can't find it. Was trying to see if it was the same as the OS21TM header... not really sure how that would help...

Regardless, you may find it difficult to find a 18TM anything at a LHS. They are discontinued engines.

You know, now that I think about it, I ran a standard .15 header on my 18TM and it was fine. It was an associated header. Considering it was just your basic header, I don't see why it wouldn't fit the TZ as well. It won't work, because it's not bent right, but since it did work on my 18TM, then a 18TM header would fit a "standard" engine like the TZ I would think.

This is the one I used on the 18TM in my jato before I busted the crankcase:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKGJ9&P=7

It fit the 18TM fine.

Not sure if you follow that logic... but basically, if you can find a 18TM header for the maxx, it should work. Make sure your not getting the revo header if your on ebay. There is a OS 18TM revo header and maxx header. They are shaped different for each rig.

Man... what a nightmarish search. The OS18TM-maxx version manual gives you the part number for the revo header. Searching the OS21TM for the revo on tower gives you the same header. So, the OS21TM maxx header would be the same as the 18TM maxx header.

This is the part number:

Found a reference on ebay from a guy that said he used the 18TM maxx header on his 18TZ in his t-maxx:
Ebay Listing
Item #: 290291664434

Last edited:
oh.
ok.
I know what you mean.
Iam gonna do alittle more research then I might buy one..

thanks.

Yeah, I tried searching on tower for the 18TM header, but can't find it. Was trying to see if it was the same as the OS21TM header... not really sure how that would help...

Regardless, you may find it difficult to find a 18TM anything at a LHS. They are discontinued engines.

You know, now that I think about it, I ran a standard .15 header on my 18TM and it was fine. It was an associated header. Considering it was just your basic header, I don't see why it wouldn't fit the TZ as well. It won't work, because it's not bent right, but since it did work on my 18TM, then a 18TM header would fit a "standard" engine like the TZ I would think.

This is the one I used on the 18TM in my jato before I busted the crankcase:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKGJ9&P=7

It fit the 18TM fine.

Not sure if you follow that logic... but basically, if you can find a 18TM header for the maxx, it should work. Make sure your not getting the revo header if your on ebay. There is a OS 18TM revo header and maxx header. They are shaped different for each rig.

Man... what a nightmarish search. The OS18TM-maxx version manual gives you the part number for the revo header. Searching the OS21TM for the revo on tower gives you the same header. So, the OS21TM maxx header would be the same as the 18TM maxx header.

This is the part number:

Found a reference on ebay from a guy that said he used the 18TM maxx header on his 18TZ in his t-maxx:
Ebay Listing
Item #: 290291664434