My first crawler!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liquid815

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well i finally got my parts order placed and hope to have it here by Tuesday. It's been a long time waiting (since Christmas)but I'm sure it will be well worth it. I did lots of researching and question asking before i made the decision on the setup i wanted. Although i dont plan on competing i'm a strong believer in performance and want a comp performing rig . Everyone on the forums has been a great help and i look forward to your opinions and advice in this build. My plans are to set it up basically stock to get a feeling of how it performs at that level and slowly add the upgraded parts.

1 x "BLACK Viper" 3 link OR 4 Link Bracket With Battery Mount
1 x Losa5152 2.5" Spring 2.6 Rate,Red
1 x AXA1355 Axial Spacer 6x6mm Orange (6)
1 x Castle Creations 10amp Bec Unit
2 x - Hot Bodies Rover Crawler Tire (Medium) -probably should of got Soft
6 x A1 Stick On Wheel Weights
1 x Ax30507 Axial Bender Customs 4-link Plate
1 x Delrin Skid Plate With Stage 2 Cut Outs
1 x Integy Matrix Pro Lathe Motor 45T Single
1 x Losi 4" Rock Crawler Threaded Shocks
1 x 11.1v, 1500mah, 20C Lipo Pack
1 x Mamba Max ESC

Last edited:
awesome, glad to see you got it and its on its way to being a very good rig!!! glad you put up your build thread finally lol jk....keep em coming man.

you should check out the spacer kit FastEddy just put out.

prolly a dumb question but are you gonna stick with that body??

I likes crawler builds! If I see enough of them I might just get me one! Post lots of pictures, please!

prolly a dumb question but are you gonna stick with that body??

No, not a big fan of the body....seems to sit to high.

Hoping the parts arrive today....forgot yesterday was a Holiday.

awesome, i wanted to hear you were wanting a different body, i see way too many of those bodies around...hope your parts show up today too...

left the office today to come home and see if my parts arrived and unfortunately they were not here. I did however receive my Mamba. Installed the Dean's and started to find a place to mount it...i can't decide.
Mounted on the front top tubes and it seems to cause a bind...not to crazy about this area.
tried it on the chassis front right shock area (lookin from the rear) tight fit and difficult to access usb and difficult to secure. tried left side, same issue.
placed it on the rear axial servo mount area and liked it there. my concern will it handle abuse? it seems very exposed.

Any opinions or suggestions?

yeah i always run mine (on shaftys) on the rear upper links...just cut a peice of lexan in a traingle shap to fit on the uppers, cut some holes for zip ties with alittle gap for movement and you are set...or where you have it now is fine, kinda sticks out there for a rock to bite but should be fine.

Got my parts yesterday and spent most of the day assembling the rig. Let me know what you think........

Attachments

• photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 120
  • photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
great job man!!! very clean job on everything, looks awesome!

Thanks!!! I owe some of this build to you and your advice.

Thanks!!! I owe some of this build to you and your advice.

ok i'll send you my paypal address :D lol just kidding...do you have many rocks there in florida?

Looking like your on your way to having a quality crawler, one thing I would suggest is to move your lower links inside the chassis, it makes a big difference...

Agreed Curtis, its one of those mods thats basically free and make a nice big difference.

ok i'll send you my paypal address :D lol just kidding...do you have many rocks there in florida?

i didnt think so till i went exploring.....less than a quarter mile from my house near the dam i found an awesome spot, and never new it was there. I'm taking it for it's maiden voyage in a few.

Looking like your on your way to having a quality crawler, one thing I would suggest is to move your lower links inside the chassis, it makes a big difference...

Thanks man!!! I have a delrin plate. I want to see how it performs without it then i will install it. thanks for the info.

Looking good man... I'm in the process of getting a crawler together myself.. I'm using the Axial shocks with the spacer on the inside for a lower stance, but I'm wondering if I should change to a softer spring.. The kit comes with a ultra firm spring..

Back