My Temp Gun..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle_battle

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Heres the temp gun i have just got bored and thought id post it up to get some oppinions on it :]

Oh and i searched around and it says to measure the temp at the top of the head down where the glow plug is.. i always thought u where suppose to pull the temps off the block of the motor? because i get pretty low reading from the top like 170 range and 210 range on the block??

IR Thermometer Pro
http://www.tradervar.com/images/cp7876.JP
Actron

CP7876

* S.O.C. (System-On-Chip) Technology – Complete IR design incorporated on a single chip, creating compact and lightweight design
* Innovative optical lens – high accuracy measurements over wide temperature ranges. 10:1 distance to spot (D:S) ratio
* Measurement Range: -58ºF to +932ºF (-50ºC to +500ºC)
* Automatic data hold
* Laser pointer – simply point at desired target and press the trigger for temperature reading
* Backlit LCD displays both Farhenheit or Celcius
* Always get maximum value
* Visual low battery indicator; two "AAA" batteries included
* Includes belt holster

could u like post a picture of that?

I've been shooting the lazer down near the hpi sticker on mine

27wydjn.jpg

Ohh ok kool thanks XD

btw is it ok to get the gun pretty much as close as possible to the point I'm trying to read?

So in the winter where can you check it? I Wrap my head to keep it warm.

and when the bodys on u can't really get to the side of the block............my truck kicked my ass today :(

ditto on the ass kicking part

It snowed here all day and i couldent get a good tune worth crap

I check mine by pointing it down from the top of the engine to read near the glowplug towards the exhaust port. I usually get my highest reading there.

I check mine by pointing it down from the top of the engine to read near the glowplug towards the exhaust port. I usually get my highest reading there.

u mean straight down from the top threw the head down toward the plug or from the rear of the motor right atop of the exhaust?

Straight down from the top through the head (like you would if you were taking out the glow plug). I usually get lower readings when checking from the outside of the head on the crankcase or lower fins.

picture.php

Aim directly at your glow plug like Olds said. hope that will help

yes, take temps at the glow plug. I've never heard of any experienced nitrohead taking temps from the outside of the block.

Ya did now, Lessen! I shoot the side of the cooling head near the block. But I AM an odd sorta guy and I NEVER said I knew it all. Most, but not all... ;)

ok kool well if this is what everyone else does i guess its the best place to temp from

Back