HPI Pics

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle_battle

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Bought my hpi firestorm yesterday :]
Also Bought:

• Dynamite Glow Plug Starter W/ Plug Meter
    After run & Air Filter Oil
    30 AA Battery's
    MC-59 G. Plug
    1G Nitrotane 20%
    Actron IR Thermometer PRO
    Fuel Bottle
Should Be it

Unfortunately it was 35 degrees and rained all damn day :angry:
But i was still able to Heat cycle break in my motor in my garage by just putting the rig on a stand! Blow me stupid rain :D Hopefully i completed it correctly since it was my first time using this method :hehe:

Heres a few random snapshots:

2q202di.jpg

27zxki8.jpg

zu787.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Nice! I just got an hpi evo+. But I still need a temp gun though.

very nice

should of picked up some spurs

I'm guessing these throw spurs often?

I'm sure ill have a whole box full of parts in about a month because when a part goes out ill normally buy 2 or 3 to have extras!

Nice! I just got an hpi evo+. But I still need a temp gun though.

Sweet how do you like it?

And yeah mine was on the pricey side 49.99 :\
It was the only one i could find locally and i pretty much had to have it to break it in right

I hope you didn't buy the "super" charger yet... they are a waste of money on these types of engines due to no way for you to control the timing of the exhaust port. Better off just spending the money on a faster engine than trying to make a RTR engine fast.

Not saying anything to be mean, just trying to help you avoid burning up your current engine. Do a search for it, you will see.

Otherwise, looks like a nice rig. :)

I hope you didn't buy the "super" charger yet... they are a waste of money on these types of engines due to no way for you to control the timing of the exhaust port. Better off just spending the money on a faster engine than trying to make a RTR engine fast.

Not saying anything to be mean, just trying to help you avoid burning up your current engine. Do a search for it, you will see.

Otherwise, looks like a nice rig. :)

Highly Appreciate the input olds :)
Probably just saved me a nice little chunk of change :D

Sweet how do you like it?

And yeah mine was on the pricey side 49.99 :\
It was the only one i could find locally and i pretty much had to have it to break it in right[/QUOTE]

So far it's awesome! Very fast. I'm addicted now LOL.

Man, that thing is almost to pretty to run. Almost...

HPI makes some top notch stuff! I miss my Nitro MT...

i got my firestorm like 2 weeeks a go too! lol i need new rear tires though haha.If i were you, i would invest in a failsafe, as the guys say, 20 dollar insurance plan, It will apply full brake when your batterys are going dead, the car is going out of range, and if the frequency is interupted.

about how much did the firestorm run you?

it was 288 for the rtr kit at my local shop

Man, that thing is almost to pretty to run. Almost...

HPI makes some top notch stuff! I miss my Nitro MT...

Haha thanks she is pretty XD
Ill prob freak out when i end up flipping it lol

i got my firestorm like 2 weeeks a go too! lol i need new rear tires though haha.If i were you, i would invest in a failsafe, as the guys say, 20 dollar insurance plan, It will apply full brake when your batterys are going dead, the car is going out of range, and if the frequency is interupted.

Geeze chill out with the burnouts! lol j/k

And yes i forgot all about getting a fail safe gotta get one

dont get a ofna, get a vemon one,

Why is that?

Ever where i have read, everyone has bad luck with the ofna, sometimes it fails, its a fail failsafe. lol. etc.

:hehe:

Maybe my local shop carry's one hopefully

Kool Thanks :]

no prob. man, were always here to help, just I'm on the coumpter 95% so youll see me alot!

I've been using 2 OFNA ones for 4+ years and the only thing they do, is their job. Go too far, it engages, batteries get low, it engages, shut off remote, engages.