My Controller broke!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbull14218

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well pretty much yesterday i get my truck allready to go out and bash, do a quick check with my servo's, take the Savage outside, turn the power button on the controller on and........ no light.

Had Brand new batteries too! I just put them in because i left the controller on the last time i used it. So immediatly i grab my friends T-Maxx Radio controller and swap the batteries.... What ya know it has power.

So Now i need to buy a Radio Controller, i dont race with my Savage i just bash. Is there one someone can reccommend to me. Maybe i will buy a used one off ebay.

Thanks. But this sucks, because i just got it running since last year, and i put a bunch of parts in to it already and now this........................

$25 will get you a never used HPI 2 channel Savage controller to your door. I installed a 2.4 system when I got the car.

I would recommend at least going fm. Way less glitching.

UPDATE: I dont know, they where cheap batteries, they feel almost a tiny bit like 1/8th inch too smaller then brand name batteries, I didnt buy them i got them from the kitchen, but i took the batteries out of my buddys Radio controller, put them back in my Radio...... Guess what................. it now works again. Strange!

so With FM do you need digital servo's? i just beat on mine in the winter and it will get wet, so I'm not throwing alot of money in to it..... can't believe how much i already have lol. Thanks for all the replys, can't believe it works now. Sorry if it was a waste

UPDATE: I dont know, they where cheap batteries, they feel almost a tiny bit like 1/8th inch too smaller then brand name batteries, I didnt buy them i got them from the kitchen, but i took the batteries out of my buddys Radio controller, put them back in my Radio...... Guess what................. it now works again. Strange!

so With FM do you need digital servo's? i just beat on mine in the winter and it will get wet, so I'm not throwing alot of money in to it..... can't believe how much i already have lol. Thanks for all the replys, can't believe it works now. Sorry if it was a waste

The reciever you will need comes with that auction.

The reciever you will need comes with that auction.

How much of a difference is it going to FM? Do i need to change my servo's to get them to work with the reciever?

here is a shameless plug...
check out the for sale section.
i have a xs3 FM radio for sale. don't let the price scare u, its negotiable

here is a shameless plug...
check out the for sale section.
i have a xs3 FM radio for sale. don't let the price scare u, its negotiable

? i can't go in the for sale section I'm not a supporting member yet.

and whats a shameless plug?

You can go in the sale section and buy, you just can't sell...

Shameless plug means he is promoting his own stuff for sale...

? i can't go in the for sale section I'm not a supporting member yet.

and whats a shameless plug?
He is saying his input is shameless.....but with FM yes, you can use (standard) analog servos. I like FM a lot better than AM. Especially here in Okinawa I get a lot of glitching. I went to 2.4, never a problem since. Glad your controller is back up and going though. That is one way to rain on the 'ol parade.

You get what you pay for. AM usually comes with the car...2 channel. You can step up to 3 channel if you want reverse. Then you can go to FM for more reliability and less chance of glitching. Next up is a computer FM radio for better control and easier adjustments. Top of the line is a no crystal 2.4 GhZ computer radio. They will all work with the standard servos.
Step up as far as what you need. Glad to hear you got yours working.

Thanks, well the only problem i really have is my steering servo is probly not strong enough, when my truck sits on a carpet and i try to make it turn, it doesn't have enough torque. I also think that under acceleration the servo isnt strong enough to keep the steering max'd to the right or left. When i try to bust out some donuts in the snow it doesn't do a very good one, only in one direction it does ok ones. But i only bash with it anyways i still have fun

But what i use this thing for i probly dont need anything but a stronger servo for my steering.

Back