Roll Cage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty Revo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Couple of questions...

Are roll cages a good idea on a revo or a waste of money?

Is a fail safe a good idea or troublesome?

the fail safe is a must when i first got my revo i forgot to put the failsafe on and when it went out of range it kept going and wouldn't stop untill it hit a tree and flipped upside down.

Roll cages are a waste. A good body such as one from Proline and the Traxxas wing mount will protect the engine just fine.
Fail-safes are a good idea. I prefer to run the Spektrum radios with the built in failsafes, they are reliable and you never have to worry about frequency interference.

I'd go with scrogg on the roll cage unless you don't care what it looks like. Or, you can try a new era roll bar. They help quite a bit without impeding access. However, a wing really helps on the revo in either case.

Fail safe is important, i almost ran into my friends feet yesterday with my truck because the battery got weak along with crappy servo's it didnt turn as expected. Roll cage is deffinitly not as important. you can get a cheap one though that keep the motor safe.

Fail safe is important

+1 on that. Sorry I didn't make the comment earlier. A FS is a $20-$30 insurance policy for your $500 toy. It does 2 things. First, it keeps you from running out of control and ending up in a street or hitting something at WOT creating a cloud of RC parts. Second, it makes it less likely that you will hurt yourself or someone else with a run away.

I don't know how you would feel, but I'd have a hard time running an RC again if I took out a little kid at 50mph with a 15lb monster truck on a rampage through a park.

Thank you for asking the question, and thank the rest of you for the great responses. I was actually looking at getting a roll cage and running no body since it doesn't seem to have much life left already. Reading this changed my mind. I ordered a wing and mount instead and now looking for a new body or even a slighly heavier duty one.

pro-line makes great bodies.. i run a protoform body and the wing kit and it really does good in roll overs

If you do decide to go Roll cage definately RC solutions, I have one on my Revo and that thing is solid. after cutting myself a hundred times I finally sanded down the sharp edges but all in all glad I bought it.