Plz Help, Weird Servo Problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crpresnell

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I have been having a weird problem with my servos. When you turn right the throttle servo starts moving and gives the car gas and when you turn left it gives it a little brakes. The throttle servo still works like regular except when you turn. I've never seen a steering servo affect a throttle servo until now. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Are you running stock tx and rx? What is it on (nitro,elect)? Good batteries?

It's gotta be nitro since he has a throttle servo. Need more info on the radio. This is peculiar.

wierd servos

Yes It is stock radio and rx. The truggy is actually my cousins. Its one of those cheaper redcat racing ones. The Steering servo is a hitech 635 i believe and the throttle is stock. It just started yesterday. Its funny Though because when we was racing on the track yesterday every time he made a right turn he would spin out. I've searched and can't find anything like it on here. Plz Help. PS. Were going in the morning to get a new throttle servo, maybe it will help.

servo

we put my rx out of my ofna buggy in there and it still was messing up though.

I would think it was the servo. Have you tried using the 635 on your receiver with a different servo plugged into the throttle servo slot?

we put my rx out of my ofna buggy in there and it still was messing up though.

Different receiver, same radio? Either the receiver, radio, or servo have the issue. If the OFNA RX swap still had the issue, try switching the radio. Essentially you're looking to narrow down the problem element.

Did you check your servo wires (both) for nicks or cuts?

What radio is it? It almost sounds like you have some sort of channel mixing turned on. Usually used for planes to adjust tune as you throttle up/down I believe. Or 4 wheel steer on custom rigs.

Basically it allows you to setup the transmitter in such a way that when you move one channel, the other moves with it or against it, depending on how it's setup.

I'm with Olds, here. If you had a computer radio it would be an issue with mixing. If you have a stock radio, that couldn't be done.
I think the first thing you should try is reversing the crystals from the Rx and Tx and see if anything changes. If not, try different frequency crystals.
If nothing changes after that, the Rx would be the next swap/test.