Motor and Esc set-up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage Fvr

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just wondering if anyone is running the Tekin FX-R with a 55t motor combo. Feed back on this set-up would be great. Or on any other combos would be great. Thanks

I'm not too familiar with the tekin stuff, I've been around alot of rigs running that setup though...but if u are open to other setups i would suggest a mamba or sidewinder on 45t....or 35t

if u are open to other setups i would suggest a mamba or sidewinder on 45t....or 35t

+1 on that.

I'm running CC Mamba Max with a 55t motor and it works great, the Mamba has lots of features you can program on your computer, I think once I get my 8 cell 2/3A saddle packs I will like it even more.:D

I'm also running CC gear. A Mamba Max with a Novak Fifty Five

i also ran a mamba max with a 35t

but i kinda want to run the tekin b/c of it being so small

yeah but the cc stuff isnt huge by any means....a 55t is a good motor, but i like the little more wheel speed of a 45 or 35t....specially on 3s.

yeah but the cc stuff isnt huge by any means....a 55t is a good motor, but i like the little more wheel speed of a 45 or 35t....specially on 3s.

As far as turns go, the lower the number the less torque, but more wheel speed, and what is the on "3s" mean. I am looking to run 8 cell saddle packs.

Slow wants a rock racer:D:hehe:, LOL!!! not a crawler, JK:p:

As far as turns go, the lower the number the less torque, but more wheel speed, and what is the on "3s" mean. I am looking to run 8 cell saddle packs.

3s is just another way of saying a 3 sell 11.1 volt lipo battery, any of those motors 35,45,55t on an 8 cell saddle pack will give you plenty of power and wheel speed and power for crawling, IMO:D

u need good will speed as well as torque, a 55t is a great motor and might prove to be easier to find but i think the 45t is a good in between motor....but so is a 35t...any of them on 3s lipo kick nuts though, even if u dont run lipo now it might be somehing to look forward too.

I think I might try a 45t motor if I don't get the extra wheel speed I am looking for with 8 cell saddle packs, we will see...

personally i think one of the best things i ever did for my shafty was going to 3s lipo...regardless of a 55,45, or 35t, the 3s acted liked u have a high and low rather than a low and medium lol.

personally i think one of the best things i ever did for my shafty was going to 3s lipo...regardless of a 55,45, or 35t, the 3s acted liked u have a high and low rather than a low and medium lol.

same here,running a lipo is so worth it

this a shafty with a 35t mamba max and 3s lipo

[ame=http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l181/rollinlow240/?action=view&current=MVI_0590.flv]
th_MVI_0590.jpg
[/ame]

same here,running a lipo is so worth it

this a shafty with a 35t mamba max and 3s lipo

th_MVI_0590.jpg
Good thing you said that it was a shafty with a 35t mm I couldn't see it , but could hear it. Lol.:hehe:

What kind of run time can I expect from a 1500 mAh saddle pack.

qaart wanted me to flim at night sry ,that was the first run when i built it

I'm not to sure b/c i never ran a saddle pack but with a 2000mah lipo i would get 45 mins and it still had some life in it

abadk i think runs a saddle pack so he can give u a better answer

I am running a 3000mah li-po, a 55 turn motor, and a CC Sidewinder esc. I ran for nearly two hours and still had power left when we left for the day.

yeah man, i get around an hour are more off 2200mah 3s lipo on my berg wich is obviously running two motors, lipo ftw!!!