What does RTR mean?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ready To Run--means it has an engine or motor and all electronics installed. You still need fuel/batteries...

Unless you are Traxxas, they say it is "Ready to Race"...

Yeah +1 to what RC said.
RTR is a good choice for beginners, as you dont have to build the rig and usually everything is included.

Beginners hell! RTR is a good choice for ME! LOL!

Now you just being lazy, LOL!!!!!, I think building the kit is the fun part of it and then you know how it goes together and can work on it if you break it...

So now your telling me to get the Axial kit? :hehe:

I guess it does not apply in all cases, but most of the time I would rather get a kit and build it, it is rare when a RTR or in this case ARTR is better then the kit, the AX10 ARTR would be a better choice in this case, and it is easy enough to work on and comes with a complete instruction manual so that if you needed to, you could take it apart and completely reassemble it,:D

I KNEW you weren't steering me toward the kit. Just wanted to get something going here! If not the ARTR then it will be the Losi 1/10th.

Speaking of building, whats the advantiges of building one, instead of buying a RTR one?

most kits come with upgraded parts. You usually need to by electronics separately and depending on what company you go with you may need to provide and engine as well.

Back