Very Strange problem with Jato 3.3 Glitching

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagballa

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok, This is my first post, hello people!!!!
I'm quite new to RC'ing but I've been researching my butt off and read about every glitching thread there is, my problem might just be the strangest yet.

Ok I just broke my Jato's engine in and decided to invest in receiver packs, odd thing is if I plug in a fully charged pack it makes my steering and throttle servo glitch whenever I fully turn the wheels or slighty touch the steering knob or throttle/brake. BUT........ if I use the AA pack no glitching..... WTF.

ALSO. If I use a dead Nimh receiver pack no glitching. By dead i mean brand new never charged or slighty charged.

WTF dot com???? I'm using stock everything. Checked all wires. Although my glow plug wire is pretty nicked from a previous crash. I just recently changed my front suspension arms. I ruled out a tx/rx/servo problem because it works fine with four AA's, but when I plug in the Nimh packs-----> GLITCH like crazy. I have 3 Nimh packs and at first only the fully charged pack glitched my truck, now that their all charged they all glitch me....:angry: wtf?

Enough with the WTF's! You have stray voltage getting into the system--either through a frayed wire or a poor ground or bad shielding.

Possably just bad batterys, to high voltage?

Could be--what voltage/cell count are your packs?

Sorry for the wt's lol. Their 5 cell 6v's?? Before I fully charged them they worked fine after a full charge I got glitching.
Also my glow plug wire is scrap exposing a little bit of the wire, but how would that effect the servos? That wire only gets juice from the ez start right?

Last edited:
5 cell 6 volt is spot on. Just wanted to make sure you weren't trying to use 7 cell power as that is way too much voltage. So you need to check the electronics for a leak source, bad ground, etc.

I edited my last post. Please read it. Ground where??? I'm a total noob

Sorry for the wt's lol. Their 5 cell 6v's?? Before I fully charged them they worked fine after a full charge I got glitching.
Also my glow plug wire is scrap exposing a little bit of the wire, but how would that effect the servos? That wire only gets juice from the ez start right?

I'd bet that is your problem. Any metal to metal contact with vibration will cause an AM radio to glitch. Put some heat shrink over the bare wire and double check your wire routing.

Any electrical system has to have a ground. I am not familiar with the Jato so I can't help you with the exact setup on it. The stray voltage and/or grounding is causing the glitching. It CAN be the blue wire. Tape it up! Also check all your wiring, leaving nothing unchecked.