Monster Jam Atlanta

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grgbulldog

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Here are some pictures of the trucks here in Atlanta last night.

MonsterJamFreestyle016.jpg

MonsterJamFreestyle014.jpg

MonsterJamFreestyle012.jpg

MonsterJamFreestyle004.jpg

MonsterJamFreestyle003.jpg

MonsterJamFreestyle025.jpg

MonsterJamFreestyle024.jpg

MonsterJamFreestyle023.jpg

MonsterJamFreestyle022.jpg

MonsterJamFreestyle030.jpg

MonsterJamFreestyle031.jpg

Last edited:
pic not workin'

I was going to take my boy to Monster Jam in Columbus a couple weeks ago but we couldn't make it. I've been watching a lotof Monster Jam on Speed lately since this is the dry season for racing. He likes all the "animal trucks" as he calls them.. Monster Mutt's, Donkey Kong etc.

I'm not sure what type of body the Monster Mutt is but I'd love to get a hold of that in 1/10 scale to paint up and put on his Wheelie King. Matter of fact, I think I'll have to look into that :) Maybe I can find time to paint one this summer for him.

Last edited:
The monster mutt is an old mercury

yeah, '51. I just checked it out.

Aha! Parma makes a '49. Close enough :) Chase seems to like Monster Mutt Dalmation the most. I should be able to pull that off.

Awesome shot btw. Which truck is that?

Last edited:
k, they're up now.

The 1st one is Safe Auto Minimizer

The back flip is some insane guy on a 4-wheeler.

Wow, it looks sooo tiny. pretty cool. I wish we woulda gone the other week. Tickets are extremely reasonable too.

Yeah they are. I don't go for the $10 ones anymore. They're so high up. I like seeing how much air the trucks get. This show was completely sold out. I bought my tickets 2 months ago, and i saw people offering tons of money on craigslist for them.

yeah, I did notice you had GREAT seats. I like that shot you got of Blue Thunder in the air and parallel with the ground. That really shows how high those trucks get and how easily they do it. That's like a bunny hop for those things. Totally cool. I've been wanting to go to one of those shows for years... Someday soon :)

I believe I've been 8-9 times. Its just something I've done since I was smaller. I was on row 14, and rows 1-12 are covered by a tarp so i was really in row 2. I think its amazing how those trucks can turn those huge tires like they're nothing.

yeah, it's pretty amazing really.. 1400 some odd horsepower or something like that. Dragster use it to go 300 mph, monster trucks use it to go 50, LOL. I'm just guessing, I have no idea how fast they really get up to.

I've been to several monster truck shows but they suck compared to monster jam, great pics man.

Thanks. They said on one of the Las Vegas event shows that they hit around 60 on that big track. The monster trucks run on alcohol i believe and get somewhere in the 1400-1500Hp range while dragsters run on NitroMethane and get somewhere in the 8000HP range?

NitroMethane and get somewhere in the 8000HP range?

wow! I didn't realize they made that much HP. That's crazy. Ok, so my comparison was a bit exagerrated. Still doesn't take away from those big trucks getting 30 feet in the air almost. Still cool as hell.

yeah, there's another monster truck show here in Cleveland like this week or next but I'm just not that interested. I'm sure it's cool and Chase would probably still like it but I know it won't be like Monster jam.

Nahh. Monster Jam is the cup series of Monster trucks.

we went to one 2 years ago at the verizon center (DC). we had front row seats.Grave digger did a donut throwing dirt around. one of the clumps of dirt landed not 3 feet in front of us

they were throwing those boomerang style things around. and i caught one.

HAHA yeh. The digger discs.

Back