T-Maxx rebuild

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave00beer

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys....Pretty much new to the forum....(less then a month) Its kinda funny in reading a post from RACER 1966 on his "Project Cheap -O- Maxx" That is basiclly the same thing I had in mind for my T-Maxx while I was waitng for it to be shipped. (BTW racer 1966 if you read this...Great job on your project man) Anyhow I picked up a original pro.15 T-Maxx from a member from another forum,got it end of December. Well she was in need of some TLC so I totally stripped it down to bare frame and rebuilt/cleaned everything. I did the wide-maxx (2.5) conversion to her, all new A-arms.axles,pillow blocks,turnbuckles. All 8 shocks were rebuilt,tranny,diffs all inspected. the .15 was all gummed up when I got it....tore it apart...I had it runnin for about 5-Min's or so in the basement....and from what I could tell it seemed to run just fine....then I burned/fouled a glow plug starting it again...I had her running pretty rich...New bumpers,fuel tank,cooling head,servos were installed. Still has original frame,skids,wheels,tires. Paint on original body was showing allot of wear...I used brake fluid and stripped it down to clear (except for some flame job I couldn't seem to cut ??) Still might replace the body or just paint it again. I gotta tell ya it was a fun tear down and rebuild. Now I think I might just sell it/trade it for something. But anyhow thought I'd share a couple pics of it with you guys. And if you'd like to check out more theres a link to a about 2.5 min slide show of the rebuild.

BEFORE...

DSC04754.gif

AFTER...

DSC04790.gif

LINK to slideshow...

http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/569545580SEJEUY

I'm reading, thanks for the props! Looks like yours turned out just as nice :thumbup:
But just how cheap was yours? :p:

Thanks for the complements guys.....Racer...I got about $130 into it total....Not as cheap a build as yours.....but works for me :D

Last edited:
Looks like new again, great job on the rebuild.

is it just me or are alot of ppl rebuilding t-maxxes? is it cuz they suck and need it more than other rc's? lol

man that thing came out clean rolex would be happy lol

Thanks for the comp's guys....I ended up selling the Maxx. Lookin for another basket case/fixxer upper again now ;)

Back