LST turnbuckles?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LosiLST

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay, finally got my body and decided to go out and run the LST today. Well all was well until I rolled it head over heals and snapped my front right turnbuckle. The question is what should I replace it with? I know that Lunsford has a set out but I can only find them on their website and don't know if they are still available and are pretty pricey. Are there any other good sets?

Also, The LST and LST2 arms, what are different? Because I want to make the rear have no turnbuckles and don't know if all I have to do is buy a set of LST2 caster blocks or what all I have to do because I have the dynamite A-arms.

I use these, Yes i know, integy, but these things are MONSTERS!!!

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=4096&p_catid=75

they are literally 3x the size of the stockers.

IMG_0109.jpg

I know that Lunsford has a set out but I can only find them on their website and don't know if they are still available and are pretty pricey. Are there any other good sets?
Lunsford is what I've been running on my AS since last year. I broke 5-6 stockers before I installed the lunsford ones. They still are straight as an arrow.

I have replaced the ballcups once though due to slop from wear.

Also, The LST and LST2 arms, what are different? Because I want to make the rear have no turnbuckles and don't know if all I have to do is buy a set of LST2 caster blocks or what all I have to do because I have the dynamite A-arms.

Axles are larger, bearings are different, arms have a wider flat spots at the ends to allow the larger hub carriers from the LST2/muggy to fit. I don't know if buying alternate bearings will let you use LST1/AS axles.

If you can't, then you need:
2 axle carrier blocks
2 LST2/Muggy CVD's
LST2/muggy arms
Proper bearings
Proper hinge pins
Proper wheel hex's/nuts/rims/pins

That's a lot of stuff to try and do away with a couple of turnbuckles. You'd be money ahead just to get 4 lunsford turnbuckles.

Or, you can get some bolts that are a bit longer than the upper c-hub pin and make a little L bracket like I did here for my savage to eliminate the rear turnbuckles:
2008-1228-SavageRearTurnbuckleEliminator.jpg

It's not really hard to make something like this. Took me all of 45 minutes with some plate steel, a hack saw, dremel and a drill to throw them on the truck. Even if your off a bit, you can put washers on the bolt before the plate to adjust the toe. I thought I was spot on when I made mine... but as usual, I wasn't. Instead of using washers though, I used a thin strip of aluminum so as to keep the L back flat against the carrier better than the little washers I had.

Last edited: