need help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've had my revo just a little while,I'm not at any kind of pro.but i know a little about how things run and i think I'm haveing clutch or transmission problems.I've noticed it lately reving up a lot more and no power behind it,and now it want even roll in the grass,all it does is idle up.ne help would be appreciated:\

if it will rev but it won't move much, if at all, the first thing you may want to check is the inside of your clutch bell. you may have broken the spring or worn down the shoes to the point where they need to be replaced. Take the engine out of your truck to get at the clutch bell. remove the c-clamp, or whatever you call that piece holding the bell on the shaft and slide the bell off. Hopefully it will be obvious as to if it's a problem with the clutch shoes or springs. A replacement may be in order.

thanks bro

are there any kind of step by step guids on how to remove engines and components out there?

Looking down from the top of the cooling head remove the 4 screws in the engine mount.

cut the zip tie on the coupler that holds the header to the exhaust stinger.

Then remove the screw on the engine mount where the throttle linkage pivots and remove engine

Well, clutch issues are possible, but this sounds more like a stripped spur gear, or an extremely loose slipper clutch. Make sure your spur gear is good and if it is, try tightening the slipper and see if it helps before going through the trouble of removing the engine. When the clutch has issues it's usually the other way around, the wheels want to go even when they shouldn't. It's usually very hard to start when there are clutch issues as well. How's your mesh between your CB and your SG? Do you bash with this Revo? It's possible you could have bumped the motor mount bolts loose a bit and your mesh is gone. LMK if you need additional info/help.

I've got the motor off now,and the clutch looks fine to me ,i dont know exactly what imlooking for thought

I've got the motor off now,and the clutch looks fine to me ,i dont know exactly what imlooking for thought

Yeah, based on what your problem was, the clutch is probably fine. The gear that is on the back of your transmission (The spur gear) How do the teeth look on it? How far out on the shaft is the nut that holds the spur gear on?

teeth are fine,the nut is on and no thread is showing

there's your problem. Tighten that bad boy up for a bit until around an 1/8th inch of thread shows, then give it another whirl. There's a hole in the end of the shaft that comes out the other side of the Tranny, stick a small screw drive in there to hold the slipper assembly in place while you tighten the 8mm nut. Make sure when you put your motor back in, you check your mesh between the SG and the CB. You can adjust this with the two long bolts on the each side of the motor mount. Crack the back one and then the front. Make your adjustment with the front and then tighten the front back down, then tighten the back down. (Note, front and back are based on you looking at the car from the side with the motor closest to you).

Give me a holler if you need more help.

Cheers,
Curt

Back