Busted rim?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalhead Matt

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I broke a rim on my rustler today for the first time. It was a 2.8 traxxas wheel with talon tire. I've never had this happen before. Anybody else with a similar experience? It was about 40 degrees outside and no jumping was involved.

I broke a rim........ It was a 2.8 traxxas wheel .

you answered your own question. I have had nothing but bad luck with traxxas rims.

since you didn't post a pic, i will. This is from hitting a piece of rebar sticking out of cement. (HPI wheel and tire)

DSC00154.gif

you answered your own question. I have had nothing but bad luck with traxxas rims.

since you didn't post a pic, i will. This is from hitting a piece of rebar sticking out of cement. (HPI wheel and tire)

DSC00154.gif

HOLY CRAP! thats bad.

How new is the truck? / wheel? Contact traxxas, maybe theyll send you new rims?

Ouch. Mine broke in the center hex hole. Blew it apart. 12t Titian and 8 cell pack. What gives? Only 2nd time I ran them.

Ouch. Mine broke in the center hex hole. Blew it apart. 12t Titian and 8 cell pack. What gives? Only 2nd time I ran them.

what do you mean center hex hole? you stripped the hex? cracked the center? a pic would be great

Don't have a camera. Cracked and split the hex and cracked in four places almost all the way to the outer edge. Broke the hell out of it.

I could understand some carnage if I would have hit something. Only thing being hit was the throttle. Finally found some rims and tires I like and they end up being junk. Oh well, that's how we learn sometimes.

put a bandaid on it to hold it together... like new!

Yeah... savage, 30F, jumping, off camber landing on concrete from snow pile:
2008-1228-BustedSavageMaxxRim.jpg

Made a nice cracking sound... Think I'll give RPM rims a try. 2 out of the remaining 3 are showing cracks... I removed the tire from the worse of the two, so I'll snag a set of RPM's and give them a try at least in a pair.

You simply cannot beat a RPM wheel. I have only managed to break one rpm wheel in all of my bashing. That one was at a skate park, i hit a grindrail coming off a launch ramp.
Barely cracked the wheel on the inside where the foam sits. A bit of CA and the wheel is still holding up to this day! Even the mighty STS .30 would not strip the hexes.

Back