I got a new truck!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F.R.S. Ninja_007

RCTalk Addict
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
As some of you may know, I’m in Dallas for my birthday, and one of my bucket list places was Traxxas McKinney. I got some stuff there, most importantly a 1/16 E-Revo VXL. I also got a center diff for it, a second Nimh, (I later got a series connector at HobbyTown Dallas) and tires for my Slash 4X4 Ultimate. Unfortunately they mixed on the shelf #5883A with #5885A ( for those of you who don’t know, 5885A is the 2WD front), but I already opened and used them. Does anyone know the difference between the 2WD front and 4WD front/rear? They seem about the same. I drove it with the two nimhs in series and I’ll definitely need to install that center diff; probably what I’ll be doing right after this. We should be racing at Indy rc world after we go out for brunch for Mother’s Day, so I’m currently charging all the batteries. Anyway, any other upgrades other merv owners suggest any other upgrades? I’ll be getting the Hot Racing 1/16 sway bars online since they’re out of stock everywhere here.

Congrats. Watch out for the clicky diffs. 2wd front should have a wide offset to compensate the shorter front arms. 4wd and elec rear are the lesser offset because the arms make up the half inch.

Traxxas jato uses front all the way around for the widest offset.

Unfortunately they mixed on the shelf #5883A with #5885A ( for those of you who don’t know, 5885A is the 2WD front), but I already opened and used them
2wd fronts have a different offset. On my slash i have 0 idea which tires are front and rear since they all look the same. (Traxxas Anacondas from the 2wd rustler) For my racing wheels I am using TLR SCTE wheels (From DE Racing) which should be the same offset.

I have no idea for upgrade suggestions as I don't have any knowledge about the 1/16 e revo.

Have fun at Indy RC. Hopefully you don't break anything lol. Well Indy should have slash parts in stock. Maybe not e revo parts. I believe Indy RC is a 1/8 indoor dirt track. I think they run dirt oval nights on Wednesdays. (Per Mark Santa Maria's YT channel)

2wd fronts have a different offset. On my slash i have 0 idea which tires are front and rear since they all look the same. (Traxxas Anacondas from the 2wd rustler) For my racing wheels I am using TLR SCTE wheels (From DE Racing) which should be the same offset.

I have no idea for upgrade suggestions as I don't have any knowledge about the 1/16 e revo.

Have fun at Indy RC. Hopefully you don't break anything lol. Well Indy should have slash parts in stock. Maybe not e revo parts. I believe Indy RC is a 1/8 indoor dirt track. I think they run dirt oval nights on Wednesdays. (Per Mark Santa Maria's YT channel)
I think Indy RC World is currently just oval. I saw it yesterday when we went over there to look for a part for my sister’s truck. It’s raining rn so I can’t run anywhere outdoors. I wish we could’ve stayed until Tuesday night electric; they have a 4WD Electric SCT class. I’m currently waiting for the rain to subside so I can test out the center diff I installed last night. We’re heading home tomorrow night so I’ll probably be able to try it out on Tuesday if it keeps raining.

Just installed some body mods: RPM Body Skid Rails, and Du-Bro Body Klip Retainers.

EAE602A6-A782-4B6E-BE7A-2BA36B65514B.jpeg

Looks sick! I might need one. On 3s they can do 65!
Yeah, I’d probably require 2 2S in series to go that fast. I think Kev Talbot did, but that’s overvolting. It’s a great truck, I’d get it again but it does really help with handling to get the center diff. I need to fill mine with 100k diff oil ‘cause right now it’s just an open diff.

So I got 100k diff oil and I want to know how to fill it. Does anyone have any information on filling a Traxxas 1/16 center diff?

Back