IMax B6 and balance board question.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Yes, you can use a "Paraboard" aka "Parallel Charging Board" to charge as many batteries as you want in parallel.
All that matters is the cell count is the same and any batteries hooked up in parallel are roughly the same state of charge. You can mix match capacity, brands of battery, etc.

Never hook up a fully charged battery up to a fully discharged battery or you risk melting the board as the voltage will level out between all packs hooked up in parallel.

Basically run your packs down to LVC then hook them all up together in parallel to charge back up, simple as that.

Yes, you can use a "Paraboard" aka "Parallel Charging Board" to charge as many batteries as you want in parallel.
All that matters is the cell count is the same and any batteries hooked up in parallel are roughly the same state of charge. You can mix match capacity, brands of battery, etc.

Never hook up a fully charged battery up to a fully discharged battery or you risk melting the board as the voltage will level out between all packs hooked up in parallel.

Basically run your packs down to LVC then hook them all up together in parallel to charge back up, simple as that.
This is the board I'm looking at: https://www.amazon.com/Parallel-Cha...es&sprefix=lipo+balance+board,aps,102&sr=1-12 but, next question. Since all my batteries have TRX connectors, and the board has XT30, would it hurt anything to use an XT30 to TRX adapter?

They do make TRX parallel charging boards.
1679136993907.png

Just FYSA, Thats not an 80W charger its a 50W charger. I've owned 3 of them and still have one of them. It will still work, its just going to take longer.

Just FYSA, Thats not an 80W charger its a 50W charger. I've owned 3 of them and still have one of them. It will still work, its just going to take longer.
That part i already knew. Before the fire, it was the only charger i owned, so, i am more than used to it. It did teach me that its best to actually read the manual, and not just the words in the description. I had some 2S 6200MAH batteries, then found out it only charges up to 6A, so those batteries would take forever to charge. Currently, i have that charger, and a Traxxas single ID charger, and, i prefer the IMax because of the digital display, even though it does seem to take just a bit longer.

I figured out why I couldnt find them. I was searching under the wrong terms. I always thought they were just called charging boards, but, if you search for a TRX charging board, they don't show up, at least not when I searched.
No worries. Some/most people google, I Yahoo! everything, 'cause I'm a yaywho :woot: ... https://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&fr=crmas_sfp&p=TRX+charging+board
I don't like to use adaptors if I don't have to. Having different battery packs with different connectors for different RCs is a pain having to swap things back and forth all the time. I only use XT60/90 connectors, and "bullets" for packs with inboard connectors. I went as far as buying a separate charger just to do my 4S & 6S packs with XT90 connectors.

20200803_151410.jpg

I will admit though, I have a stash of adaptors (XT60 to many different connectors) for when friends come over and things pop up and need to charge/diagnose stuff.

If you were in need of a Deans parallel charging board, I'd send one your way for nothing (I'd have to find it first).

I years ago to charge several packs together, bought this hitec charger. I still have this charger in original box and used very little... but to this day I still find it great and functional.

c46c55bc-957b-4543-a257-e1deeeb8c7c6_1.90921dd0a7b6520f17c311d58517425e.jpeg

Hitec - Smart Charger H4 44187 4 ports​

Back