One-way bearing oil, does it differs from regular bearing oil?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oles

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi

In the manual for my Xray XB4C 2022, it says to apply a drop of One-Way bearing oil after every 1-2 hour of driving to increase the lifespan... I don't have the recomended Hudy One-Way bearing oil, only "regular" bearing oil that I use for my ballbearings.

1678696782974.png

So what do you guyes thing? Should I buy jet another oil or is regular bearing oil good enough? I guess you should apply a drop of oil so often because it spins away from the bearing after a couple of hours?

Thanks for any advice!

Hello,
After doing some research it isn’t not the same a regular oil, you can find it here then when you get it compare it to normal bearing oil and see if it’s really the same just upselling.
Hope this helps

I never really lubricated on as my nitro leaks. Through research, traxxas recommends 5w30 motor oil.....

https://traxxas.com/support/How-Clean-and-Maintain-Roller-Clutch-One-Way-Bearing

@bill_delong or @cbaker65 would be my guess as to what to do.

That's a useful link, good to keep in mind. OP isn't referring to the OWB on a nitro engine though, their's is part of there slipper clutch on an electric buggy.

Every 1-2 hours seems a little high for a bearing that won't even be turning most of the time, just my 2 cents.

Kyosho makes a one way bearing grease, maybe that would last longer than the oil.

I think any bearing oil would do just fine. I mean, it's a metal roller in a metal race. Just becsuse it is a one way bearing makes no difference on the oil you use.

I never oil my O-ways ,I pull them out an clean them every now & then but I dont oil them ,
so I can't help you to what oil to use!
Oil & grease killed one of my O-way bearing in the trans on my MGT. ,it caused the o-way
to slip on the shaft an it fried it!

Back