R/C Motorcycle!! 😎

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, mind officially blown! I've been riding well over 30 years now (current bike is a "classic" 1995 Harley Fatboy) and I never have thought that you counter-steered while leaning into a curve! But after reading @Xraycer's explanation, makes total sense! Wow!!!!

My 42-year-old mom wants to get a sport bike. We told her no because she has a bunch of medical stuff but just the thought of her flying by at 203 mph is just funny.

Wow you’re blowing my mind! I can’t remember …. You’re saying when you start to lean into the turn you twitch the bars the other way? Like you, I must have done that unawares. Totally. But ok, because, based on my experience with you, I take whatever you say at absolute face value. If you say that’s how they steer, then that’s how they steer. And I also agree with the poster who said the picture of the rear end of the turning bike stepping out was just that, oversteer. But yes TOO, it did well demonstrate counter steering as he intended.
Yeah man, its such a slight movement and one I personally learned to do very young with dirtbikes that you just learn to do it without realizing what you're actually doing. I think I was in my mid to late 20s before I found out what I was actually doing. It blew my mind at first too lol

Finally, Graywolf, you might not be entirely shocked to learn that Harleys aren’t for ME either. How could they be, if you don’t care for them much yourself. I hope nobody hates us for saying that! I do love America, and dogs.
LOL, I like Harleys dont get me wrong but historically theyre just not my type of bike. Having said that I owned a Sportster once and who knows maybe Ill own another Harley one day since I can't ride Sportbikes anymore.

Harley 2.JPG

Anyway I can’t ride anymore with my arthritis but if I could and were to get a bike I’d get an MV Augusta Brutale. So it wouldn’t surprise me if you already have a couple of them sitting in your garage lol.
Strangely enough Psoriatic Arthritis is also one of the biggest factors to why I can't ride sports bikes also. If I were to ever get another sport bike though it would probably be a BMW S1000RR or a Ducati 959 Panigale.

You are now freaking kidding me??? Are you actually telling me you HAVE psoriatic arthritis? Guess what I have, ha. A bad case.
Btw I saw your gallery. Does your wife or GF happen to be Filipina, if I may ask?) I used to go there frequently (Metro Manila mostly) on business. …. Given all this, I’m surprised I never too had a Harley Sportster, like you. But I’ll say this: it’s the only one I’d consider, other than the Breakout CVO. Lol. I do know something about them. Let’s say I’m conflicted about Harleys.

Last edited:
You are now freaking kidding me??? Are you actually telling me you HAVE psoriatic arthritis? Guess what I have, ha. A bad case.
Btw I saw your gallery. Does your wife or GF happen to be Filipina, if I may ask?) I used to go there frequently (Metro Manila mostly) on business. …. Given all this, I’m surprised I never too had a Harley Sportster, like you. But I’ll say this: it’s the only one I’d consider, other than the Breakout CVO. Lol. I do know something about them. Let’s say I’m conflicted about Harleys.
I wish I was kidding you but if you have it then you know it SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS lol. I can deal with the Psoriasis itself. To me its just a nuisaunce, its the accompanying arthritis that I find hard to deal with.

My wife is indeed Filipina. Shes from Caloocan City which is part of Metro Manila. Quite an amazing people imho. Some of the kindest people you could ever want to be around. Shes completely devastated right now because she just turned 40 yesterday.............I MEAN 32!!!! Dont tell her I told you guys her age, I wont live to see tomorrow lol.

I have had psoriatic arthritis since my mid 30s, I am now over 60. Usually, I agree, the psoriasis is mostly a nuisance, unless it is in full killer mode, then it is more than a nuisance. I might have it worse than you. What kills are the joints. Like you, I suppose. So I.

As I did work in the Philippines, I was fortunate enough to meet my wife there; we’ve been married for about 15 years now. These coincidences are almost scary. I’m surprised we don’t have the same type of job too, but I am a retired lawyer, and I understand that you are in IT. Rest assured, I could not do your job!

I wish I was kidding you but if you have it then you know it SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS lol. I can deal with the Psoriasis itself. To me its just a nuisaunce, its the accompanying arthritis that I find hard to deal with.

My wife is indeed Filipina. Shes from Caloocan City which is part of Metro Manila. Quite an amazing people imho. Some of the kindest people you could ever want to be around. Shes completely devastated right now because she just turned 40 yesterday.............I MEAN 32!!!! Dont tell her I told you guys her age, I wont live to see tomorrow lol.
Incidentally, not surprisingly, like you, Graywolf, I had dirt-ish bikes as a kid. A Yamaha Enduro 80 cc — I think they called it — and then a 100 cc. Then an RD 400 which would now be considered, I guess, a naked, lightweight, sport bike. It was considered pretty zippy for its time. We’re talking about 400 cc and I think 38 hp though. It certainly did wheelie. By any chance, we’re you went to go karts too? I was.

There seem to be two types of RC motorcycles. One that actually has a rider shifting the weight around. The other has a servo acting on the bars and both counter steer.
I have a fun motorcycle. It’s the fastest 250 ninja on earth. 123 mph
I am going to go to Arkansas in September to try set another land speed record on the two mile track. I’m looking forward to it.

8D0BF372-F679-4657-A7DC-34B1DB1E3DB1.jpeg

26E4468F-E02E-40E3-B447-4092F1DCF5C2.jpeg

A47B411E-A298-4385-AA6B-A41C481E70C0.jpeg

I have had psoriatic arthritis since my mid 30s, I am now over 60. Usually, I agree, the psoriasis is mostly a nuisance, unless it is in full killer mode, then it is more than a nuisance. I might have it worse than you. What kills are the joints. Like you, I suppose. So I.
I just developed Psoriasis mid 2020 so I've only had it for a little under 3 years now. I'm 49 now. The skin portion doesn't tend to change much although sometimes it will become raw in a particular area and I may have to hit it with some steroid cream for a day or two to get it sorted. The arthritis aspect is a whole different monster as you're aware. I have it in a lot of my various joints, everyhting from my neck, to my back, to my thumb, hip, ball of my right foot etc. I dont move so well these days. :)

As I did work in the Philippines, I was fortunate enough to meet my wife there; we’ve been married for about 15 years now. These coincidences are almost scary. I’m surprised we don’t have the same type of job too, but I am a retired lawyer, and I understand that you are in IT. Rest assured, I could not do your job!
My wife and are coming up on our 12th anniversary at the beginning of April. My brother use to own a small business in Pampanga, Philippines and he was the one that introduced me to her. There are definitely quite a lot of parallels. I feel like I've seen a twilight zone episode similar to this lol

Incidentally, not surprisingly, like you, Graywolf, I had dirt-ish bikes as a kid. A Yamaha Enduro 80 cc — I think they called it — and then a 100 cc. Then an RD 400 which would now be considered, I guess, a naked, lightweight, sport bike. It was considered pretty zippy for its time. We’re talking about 400 cc and I think 38 hp though. It certainly did wheelie. By any chance, we’re you went to go karts too? I was.
I did own one go kart as a kid and it was a heck of a lot of fun. I dont remember too much about it other than whoever built it overpowered it. Its nothing like go karts that youd go to a kart track and drive. This thing would probably do 50+MPH. I remember the first time I drove it, it literally took my breath away. Of course I was only about 10 at the time so it didnt take much back then lol. It may have even been what kick started my need for speed :)
Was more into dirtbikes as a kid though but thats probably because I had acres and acres of fields, woods, and farm land behind our house which was perfect for bikes, not so much for karts :)

Maybe your Kart have a McColloch racing engine? That was the main choice for racing karts at the track way back when. My last one had a 2 stroke 100cc engine and I’m sure it would top out at over 55 mph. The Kart was a Bug Stinger …. I never had a true motocross bike though ….

Have you guys seen Kevin Talbot's new video about the rc go-kart? It's pretty sick. I should get 2 and make one electric and for the other one fit a .21 dynamite in it or a .28 dynamite.

Ill be having one! Wonder what scale it will be?

Back