How's the weather been?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are having some spectacular weather this week after a chilly October. Then it's supposed to go back to being cold, miserable and typical of the area this time of year.

Hoping to get out and do something this weekend if I don't feel like crap getting my flu/covid shots Saturday morning.

Hard freeze predicted here beginning tomorrow night and lasting through Christmas.

Shucks, and almost ready to road test the R43X Rustler and the 3800Kv install in the MT10. Two RC road tests on hold.

Busy now draining outdoor water hoses. In the process finding out there is a leaking water valve to replace.

Next comes filling water buckets inside for toilet flushing and water bottles for coffee brewing. Too risky running a water drip for temps in the low 20s and high teens. Have to shut off the water at the main and drain water pipes in the house. Water runs overhead in the attics here in Houston. Winter ain't fun when it comes down south.

Fingers crossed we don't lose electric power. If so, no furnace. No heat. Times like these wish I was back in Nebraska. We did winter well up there. Wish us luck. Cheers. 'AC'

Good luck man. Crazy you guys are getting that cold down there. Here in Indiana, we will be dipping to 0° by Friday. It's near 30° now, and my heat pump furnace is already struggling to keep my place warm. I'll be turning on emergency heat by tomorrow, and staying there for 4 or 5 days it looks like. There goes the electric bill 🤬

Hard freeze predicted here beginning tomorrow night and lasting through Christmas.

Shucks, and almost ready to road test the R43X Rustler and the 3800Kv install in the MT10. Two RC road tests on hold.

Busy now draining outdoor water hoses. In the process finding out there is a leaking water valve to replace.

Next comes filling water buckets inside for toilet flushing and water bottles for coffee brewing. Too risky running a water drip for temps in the low 20s and high teens. Have to shut off the water at the main and drain water pipes in the house. Water runs overhead in the attics here in Houston. Winter ain't fun when it comes down south.

Fingers crossed we don't lose electric power. If so, no furnace. No heat. Times like these wish I was back in Nebraska. We did winter well up there. Wish us luck. Cheers. 'AC'
I recall that disaster in Texas a few years ago due to the freezing temps stretch.

Looks like it starts snowing here in a couple hours. Hoping we don't have any power outages 🙄
Screenshot_20221222-114709_Chrome.jpg

Just reminded me that I should stock up on gas in case we need the generator. No snow forecasted, but lots of rain and strong wind.

@Doom! We finally got fog. My 10.2 is torn apart. 😫 almost built it up last night but decided to wait until today. Had a feeling and woke up to thick fog.

Instead of wasting it, I took a bike ride.

View attachment 157522
I love to kayak in the fog, at the crack of dawn!

It was in the mid 50's yesterday, as today was well. Very warm for this time of the year up here in New England.

Last edited:
Down here in bmore we got rain. We need at least 5 ft of snow so I can get like 4 days off of school.
Shoot, 5' of snow here and they'd close the state for a month 🤪

Down here in bmore we got rain. We need at least 5 ft of snow so I can get like 4 days off of school.
Yea, we are supposed to get rain a little later, so it'll wash all the snow away. :rolleyes: Most of the measurable snow was west of I81. I'm 15 mins East of I81. 🤷‍♂️

Back