Traxxas 2 and 4WD axles.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You hate short course trucks? But, but, but they're so pretty! :eek:

remote control car GIF by HPI Racing
I don't really care how they drive and handle. Its like a long wheelbase buggy with a parachute on it.
I already have a 2WD and 4WD Slash LCG, so, my next Slash is going to be a monster version. The only other Traxxas trucks i have are Stampedes, since i seem to be finding them cheap, so, i buy them then convert them to Slashes. SCT's have always been my favorite vehicle, followed by truggies, which i usually turn into monster truggies. I never got into buggies, and i go back to the days of the original Grasshopper. Currently, i have 6 SCT's ( Arrma Fury, 2 Slashes, one 2WD and one 4WD, two Associated ProSC10's, and an Associated SC10 6.1 i picked up yesterday) and working on another one or two (actually 3 possibly. HPI Blitz, Arrma Fury BLX, and Losi 22S SCT) as rollers, 3 MT's (although, at least one of them, the Jumpshot, will eventually be converted into an SCT), and one Stampede i bought strictly for parts. I dont know what it is around where i live, but, the average price for a Stampede is around $75 complete, minus radio and receiver (i picked one up a few days ago, complete minus radio, for $20, and paid $100 for one with RPM arms, TRX steel driveshafts, aluminum Caster and steering blocks and rear hubs, STRC shock towers, and a bunch of other aftermarket parts), but, Slash sliders and rollers start at $125, and complete trucks are $200+. By the time i get the LCG chassis, bumpers (eBay), and add a radio and receiver, which i get on Jenny's for less than $30) I'm into a Slash for roughly $150 total, and, if i do the regular chassis, skid plates, and bumpers, its around $20 cheaper, which is why i get them used. So far, every truck I've done that way, i havent had to replace any major components, except for the driveshafts on the 4WD Slash, because i put a VXL-3S system in it (that came in a Stampede that my room mate converted into a bandit, that i paid $80 for. I kept the VXL system, they got the rest of it), and hammered on it, and the shafts were already a bit wore out.

Here you mostly find people selling their used clapped out cars for the same they cost new or more.

I don't really care how they drive and handle. Its like a long wheelbase buggy with a parachute on it.
That's why I vent the body. It stops the parachute effect.

Here you mostly find people selling their used clapped out cars for the same they cost new or more.
I bought this Stampede, with every aftermarket parts you see in the pics, for $100. Pro-Line shocks, RPM arms, transmission housing and spur cover, body mounts, and diff locker, TRX axles, hubs, caster and steering blocks, rear hubs, and rear links, STRC shock tower and brace, and, it originally had a VXL-3S setup in it. Deals like this are actually common here. I just picked up another complete Stampede parts truck for $30.

IMG_20221124_153432718.jpg
IMG_20221124_153403300.jpg
IMG_20221124_153351529.jpg
IMG_20221124_153347034.jpg
IMG_20221124_153337809.jpg
IMG_20221124_153326677.jpg

IMG_20221124_154903531.jpg

I bought this Stampede, with every aftermarket parts you see in the pics, for $100. Pro-Line shocks, RPM arms, transmission housing and spur cover, body mounts, and diff locker, TRX axles, hubs, caster and steering blocks, rear hubs, and rear links, STRC shock tower and brace, and, it originally had a VXL-3S setup in it. Deals like this are actually common here. I just picked up another complete Stampede parts truck for $30.

View attachment 155950View attachment 155952View attachment 155953View attachment 155954View attachment 155955View attachment 155956
View attachment 155957
Something like that would be like $300 here.

This is the kind of thing that I find local all the time you can almost buy an Xmaxx or XRT Afor that. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/789994132123897/?mibextid=dXMIcH
Screenshot_20221124_191815_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Something like that would be like $300 here.
If that was a Slash though, it would have been $400 or more. Stampede's and Bandits are extremely unliked here, which works for me. Makes for cheap ways to get a ton of extra parts, and not spend a lot. A guy recently was selling a pair of Bandits for $50. It's the biggest reason I like the area I live in. Go 100 miles away, and redcats used are more than new, and any of the better names are outrageous. I recently picked up a pair of Pro SC10'S with bad diffs, complete (pretty much RTR once the diffs are fixed), with original boxes, manuals and sticker sheets, for $125 for everything. Many times, I thought about buying stuff cheap and reselling it on eBay.

If that was a Slash though, it would have been $400 or more. Stampede's and Bandits are extremely unliked here, which works for me. Makes for cheap ways to get a ton of extra parts, and not spend a lot. A guy recently was selling a pair of Bandits for $50. It's the biggest reason I like the area I live in. Go 100 miles away, and redcats used are more than new, and any of the better names are outrageous. I recently picked up a pair of Pro SC10'S with bad diffs, complete (pretty much RTR once the diffs are fixed), with original boxes, manuals and sticker sheets, for $125 for everything. Many times, I thought about buying stuff cheap and reselling it on eBay.

Last Slash I saw for sale was a stock brushed one with the fishing pole radio dude wanted $350 for it.

Back