Traxxas 2 and 4WD axles.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey biggman. Have not tried the set you posted up asking about.

Do have a set of ST Racing yet to install, but soon. Watched YT vids on both the ST and the MIP and decided to give the ST a try. Anyway, for what's it worth, give them a look. The STs seem a bit heavy for speed runs. Probably why they haven't gotten installed yet.

ST Racing Concepts 2WD driveline

That said, I do prefer the TRX torque tube design. Know they make a HD set and watched a few YT vids on them as well. Might be an option?

Not much help but offering it up for what it's worth. Good luck. 'AC'

I've had good luck with these with high power. No breakage at all. Those driveshafts on Amazon are junk. Don't buy them.

https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts/6852A
My biggest problem with them is that after a couple months, they get sloppy at the pins, but, i run my stuff hard. Currently, my 4X4 Slash has a TRX VXL-3S setup in it, but I'm planning on eventually putting in a 4300KV motor and 100A-120A ESC and running it at a local motocross track i found, and there are some huge jumps there.

My biggest problem with them is that after a couple months, they get sloppy at the pins, but, i run my stuff hard. Currently, my 4X4 Slash has a TRX VXL-3S setup in it, but I'm planning on eventually putting in a 4300KV motor and 100A-120A ESC and running it at a local motocross track i found, and there are some huge jumps there.
You might want to pony up for the mip x-duty's on that one then. That's what I run in my slashpede 4x4. I run it on 4S with a blx185/blx4074 2050kv and they hold up pretty good. I was running maxx sized 17mm sledgehammers on it, but recently threw a set of backflip lp's on it... too big, but it drives nice. lol!
2022-1111-stampede-lunsfordInstalled-esc.jpg

2022-1111-stampede-lunsfordInstalled-side.jpg

You might want to pony up for the mip x-duty's on that one then. That's what I run in my slashpede 4x4. I run it on 4S with a blx185/blx4074 2050kv and they hold up pretty good. I was running maxx sized 17mm sledgehammers on it, but recently threw a set of backflip lp's on it... too big, but it drives nice. lol!

I think you need some more bracing on that thing Olds :hehe:

What cord did you use on the tires? I'm assuming its to belt them so they dont balloon.

What cord did you use on the tires? I'm assuming its to belt them so they dont balloon.
Yep. Exactly what it's for.

I use 550lb cored kevlar cord. One wrap and a long 4 wrap single knot. Get it down in the trenches between the knobs, pull the knot snug, adjust the cord again, pull the knot snug. Once I'm happy with how the cord is laying, I glue the entire knot, then put a drop of glue every other lug or so to hold it to the tire.

In the photo, the usb cord is just to show the kind of knot I use. The upper right is a backflip MT and where I'd put the drops of glue to glue the cord to the tire. Lower right shows a finished tire after it's been used for a while showing the knot that's glued. Bottom right is a trencher tire I used both 4 wraps of 70lb and 1 wrap of 550lb that I switched to. The 70lb would get cut and break more easily. The 550lb holds up for a long time. If you run in grass/skateparks (not rocks), it holds up for a year or more, or it does for me.

I typically use AKA tire glue. It's thinner and dries fast.

This is the cord I use:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AZBSI0M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

2021-0920-tireWrapExamplesCombined.jpg

I've had good luck with these with high power. No breakage at all. Those driveshafts on Amazon are junk. Don't buy them.

https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts/6852A
I've had a set of those on my Ecx Ruckus for like 2 or 3 years now, with a little modding and installed a set on my Rustler 2wd in August, also needed slight modding. The Ruckus has the Traxxas VXL3s system in it with Proline Trenchers the Rustler has a BLX100 system with Duratrax Lockup MTs. They hold up better than the stock 2wd driveshafts and the Slash 4x4 driveshafts that is for sure.
Yep. Exactly what it's for.

I use 550lb cored kevlar cord. One wrap and a long 4 wrap single knot. Get it down in the trenches between the knobs, pull the knot snug, adjust the cord again, pull the knot snug. Once I'm happy with how the cord is laying, I glue the entire knot, then put a drop of glue every other lug or so to hold it to the tire.

In the photo, the usb cord is just to show the kind of knot I use. The upper right is a backflip MT and where I'd put the drops of glue to glue the cord to the tire. Lower right shows a finished tire after it's been used for a while showing the knot that's glued. Bottom right is a trencher tire I used both 4 wraps of 70lb and 1 wrap of 550lb that I switched to. The 70lb would get cut and break more easily. The 550lb holds up for a long time. If you run in grass/skateparks (not rocks), it holds up for a year or more, or it does for me.

I typically use AKA tire glue. It's thinner and dries fast.

This is the cord I use:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AZBSI0M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

2021-0920-tireWrapExamplesCombined.jpg
I wish they would have had black as an option when I bought mine, Emma kites only had yellow available.

I'm thinking of getting this for my Slashpeded 4x4 https://traxxas.com/products/parts/9080X it's a bit to swallow all at once though.
I really like that you can rebuild the axles in that kit. But you need everything else in that kit to run the axles as they are different than the others.
r5yuhfdbd.jpg

Last edited:
I've had a set of those on my Ecx Ruckus for like 2 or 3 years now, with a little modding and installed a set on my Rustler 2wd in August, also needed slight modding. The Ruckus has the Traxxas VXL3s system in it with Proline Trenchers the Rustler has a BLX100 system with Duratrax Lockup MTs. They hold up better than the stock 2wd driveshafts and the Slash 4x4 driveshafts that is for sure.

I wish they would have had black as an option when I bought mine, Emma kites only had yellow available.

I'm thinking of getting this for my Slashpeded 4x4 https://traxxas.com/products/parts/9080X it's a bit to swallow all at once though.
I really like that you can rebuild the axles in that kit. But you need everything else in that kit to run the axles as they are different than the others.
View attachment 155759
Honestly, thats a bit much for all plastic parts, but, i have always though TRX parts are over-priced. Just my opinion though. As for the axles on mine, I'm just gonna get a set of the HD ones from either Jenny's or from a guy i deal with on eBay thats a kit breaker. MIP and TRX are way over my budget. I run mostly nimh anymore, so, i figure they will last quite awhile, and i found them for less than $35 for all 4. I did find some Integy ones for less than $30 a pair, but i have never used any of their parts, and the few people i have talked to about them say they arent always the best, which is why i have stayed away from them.

Honestly, thats a bit much for all plastic parts, but, i have always though TRX parts are over-priced. Just my opinion though. As for the axles on mine, I'm just gonna get a set of the HD ones from either Jenny's or from a guy i deal with on eBay thats a kit breaker. MIP and TRX are way over my budget. I run mostly nimh anymore, so, i figure they will last quite awhile, and i found them for less than $35 for all 4. I did find some Integy ones for less than $30 a pair, but i have never used any of their parts, and the few people i have talked to about them say they arent always the best, which is why i have stayed away from them.
Yeah it is a bit much for what it is. Their upgrade parts are overpriced for sure, their stock parts are some of the cheapest from my experience. I would steer clear of the Integy, Hot Racing, GPM, eBay, Amazon, Aliexpress and Bangood cheapos. If you get them from Jennys get the ones from the Rustler 4x4 or the Hoss.

I've used a lot of GPM and a handful of Hot Racing parts over the years. The only complaint I've ever had with either of those brands is one GPM item I bought I complained about the lack of installation instructions because installation wasn't straight forward. Just my :2cents:

Yeah it is a bit much for what it is. Their upgrade parts are overpriced for sure, their stock parts are some of the cheapest from my experience. I would steer clear of the Integy, Hot Racing, GPM, eBay, Amazon, Aliexpress and Bangood cheapos. If you get them from Jennys get the ones from the Rustler 4x4 or the Hoss.
Evey Hot Racing part I have ever bought has been super nice. Excellent machine work, and quality aluminum. Curious what you have nought from them that you weren't happy with? But totally agree on the Integy stuff. It's all garbage.

I just recently bought a Hot Racing steering linkage set for the SCX24, and the aluminum transmission case for the Drag Slash build. Very nice stuff. I ended up contacting Hot Racing customer service to see if I could buy some extra standoffs that they supplied with the trans housing kit. The agent I spoke to was extremely helpful, and went above and beyond so far that I am not even allowed to tell anyone what kinda deal he gave me 😉 Let's just say I was given one helluva deal on some more parts, just to get free shipping for the standoffs, which he tossed in the box for free.

So not only are their parts nice, their CS is second to none.

I've used a lot of GPM and a handful of Hot Racing parts over the years. The only complaint I've ever had with either of those brands is one GPM item I bought I complained about the lack of installation instructions because installation wasn't straight forward. Just my :2cents:
Unfortunately for me anyway, the only truck I'm even considering aftermarket parts for, Integy is the only one that makes them. I have an HPI Jumpshot MT that i eventually want to convert to an SC, and Integy makes a bunch of purple parts for it, and, even though i know i probably shouldnt, ill probably get them and see what happens. Typically, my trucks stay entirely stock, unless i dont have a choice. For example, my Arrma Fury, the metal diff isnt available anymore, and i have bad luck with the plastic set up, so, I'm eventually going to do a diff swap using the ball diff from the HPI Blitz. In 30 years, i have only upgraded 3 trucks, all of them with factory upgrade parts. My racers Edge Pro2 was the first truck to have upgraded parts, and even then the only upgrades were threaded aluminum bodied shocks, aluminum caster blocks, steering block, and rear hubs, and they were all RE parts. I actually like wrenching on them more than running them, and, since i take out all my stress and frustrations on them, i stick with stock parts, because whats the point in spending the extra money when i am just gonna purposely beat it as hard as i can, knowing I'm gonna break something. Oddly though, after all the issues i have seen with Traxxas, which steered me away from them for years, my personal experience has been that they are more durable, even stock, than some of the more expensive stuff i have had. I broke my LWB Arrma and my Losi 22S SCT way more than i did either my 2WD or 4WD Slashes.

Evey Hot Racing part I have ever bought has been super nice. Excellent machine work, and quality aluminum. Curious what you have nought from them that you weren't happy with? But totally agree on the Integy stuff. It's all garbage.

I just recently bought a Hot Racing steering linkage set for the SCX24, and the aluminum transmission case for the Drag Slash build. Very nice stuff. I ended up contacting Hot Racing customer service to see if I could buy some extra standoffs that they supplied with the trans housing kit. The agent I spoke to was extremely helpful, and went above and beyond so far that I am not even allowed to tell anyone what kinda deal he gave me 😉 Let's just say I was given one helluva deal on some more parts, just to get free shipping for the standoffs, which he tossed in the box for free.

So not only are their parts nice, their CS is second to none.

Sorry guys I meant the driveshafts, not all the parts in general. I have a boat load of parts from Hot Racing and some from GPM. I'm actually trying to think of a car that I have that doesn't have Hot Racing parts on it. I always heard horror stories about Hot Racings lack of customer service, but short story long I bought a used Bandit that came with Hot Racing shocks on it, all of the mounting hardware was missing and they had it terribly jerry-rigged together, well I contacted them as I couldn't find the hardware on their site and they replied the next day stating that they didn't have the hardware available as a separate part at the moment but they offered me 50% off an entire set of shocks.
Unfortunately for me anyway, the only truck I'm even considering aftermarket parts for, Integy is the only one that makes them. I have an HPI Jumpshot MT that i eventually want to convert to an SC, and Integy makes a bunch of purple parts for it, and, even though i know i probably shouldnt, ill probably get them and see what happens. Typically, my trucks stay entirely stock, unless i dont have a choice. For example, my Arrma Fury, the metal diff isnt available anymore, and i have bad luck with the plastic set up, so, I'm eventually going to do a diff swap using the ball diff from the HPI Blitz. In 30 years, i have only upgraded 3 trucks, all of them with factory upgrade parts. My racers Edge Pro2 was the first truck to have upgraded parts, and even then the only upgrades were threaded aluminum bodied shocks, aluminum caster blocks, steering block, and rear hubs, and they were all RE parts. I actually like wrenching on them more than running them, and, since i take out all my stress and frustrations on them, i stick with stock parts, because whats the point in spending the extra money when i am just gonna purposely beat it as hard as i can, knowing I'm gonna break something. Oddly though, after all the issues i have seen with Traxxas, which steered me away from them for years, my personal experience has been that they are more durable, even stock, than some of the more expensive stuff i have had. I broke my LWB Arrma and my Losi 22S SCT way more than i did either my 2WD or 4WD Slashes.

As much as I hate short course trucks I want to build a LCG 2wd Slash plus then I will have the entire Traxxas 2wd lineup.

Sorry guys I meant the driveshafts, not all the parts in general. I have a boat load of parts from Hot Racing and some from GPM. I'm actually trying to think of a car that I have that doesn't have Hot Racing parts on it. I always heard horror stories about Hot Racings lack of customer service, but short story long I bought a used Bandit that came with Hot Racing shocks on it, all of the mounting hardware was missing and they had it terribly jerry-rigged together, well I contacted them as I couldn't find the hardware on their site and they replied the next day stating that they didn't have the hardware available as a separate part at the moment but they offered me 50% off an entire set of shocks.

As much as I hate short course trucks I want to build a LCG 2wd Slash plus then I will have the entire Traxxas 2wd lineup.
I already have a 2WD and 4WD Slash LCG, so, my next Slash is going to be a monster version. The only other Traxxas trucks i have are Stampedes, since i seem to be finding them cheap, so, i buy them then convert them to Slashes. SCT's have always been my favorite vehicle, followed by truggies, which i usually turn into monster truggies. I never got into buggies, and i go back to the days of the original Grasshopper. Currently, i have 6 SCT's ( Arrma Fury, 2 Slashes, one 2WD and one 4WD, two Associated ProSC10's, and an Associated SC10 6.1 i picked up yesterday) and working on another one or two (actually 3 possibly. HPI Blitz, Arrma Fury BLX, and Losi 22S SCT) as rollers, 3 MT's (although, at least one of them, the Jumpshot, will eventually be converted into an SCT), and one Stampede i bought strictly for parts. I dont know what it is around where i live, but, the average price for a Stampede is around $75 complete, minus radio and receiver (i picked one up a few days ago, complete minus radio, for $20, and paid $100 for one with RPM arms, TRX steel driveshafts, aluminum Caster and steering blocks and rear hubs, STRC shock towers, and a bunch of other aftermarket parts), but, Slash sliders and rollers start at $125, and complete trucks are $200+. By the time i get the LCG chassis, bumpers (eBay), and add a radio and receiver, which i get on Jenny's for less than $30) I'm into a Slash for roughly $150 total, and, if i do the regular chassis, skid plates, and bumpers, its around $20 cheaper, which is why i get them used. So far, every truck I've done that way, i havent had to replace any major components, except for the driveshafts on the 4WD Slash, because i put a VXL-3S system in it (that came in a Stampede that my room mate converted into a bandit, that i paid $80 for. I kept the VXL system, they got the rest of it), and hammered on it, and the shafts were already a bit wore out.

You can buy them if you want but I think in the end you're going to be disappointed. I agree they do look good though.

I wrecked my Rusty once at about 70MPH and the left side of the Integy bulkhead I had installed sheered right off, The Integy Shock tower was bent, and the hinge pin was broke in half. The one part that didnt break? The plastic RPM a-arm. After that I've never bought another Integy aluminum part. Ill buy their springs, shocks and other non structural stuff but thats about it. Just my :2cents:
SDC13886.JPG
SDC13884.JPG
SDC13622.JPG

You can buy them if you want but I think in the end you're going to be disappointed. I agree they do look good though.

I wrecked my Rusty once at about 70MPH and the left side of the Integy bulkhead I had installed sheered right off, The Integy Shock tower was bent, and the hinge pin was broke in half. The one part that didnt break? The plastic RPM a-arm. After that I've never bought another Integy aluminum part. Ill buy their springs, shocks and other non structural stuff but thats about it. Just my :2cents:
View attachment 155912View attachment 155913View attachment 155914
I'm still on the fence about it. The only saving grace might be that I've never built a truck that went over 50MPH, and, the Jumpshot will be lucky if it sees 40 at most. High speed has never been my thing, really. Most of my stuff runs either stock brushed, or HW 60A ESC's paired with cheap GoolRC motors. I typically go with 3100-4300KV 3650's, and 2S batteries. I had a 3S Losi, but, even that mostly got ran on 2S. Other than boats, I'm not really into the 4S, 6S, and 8S stuff.

Back