Mammuth Works - Stealth! 4 motors & no transmission!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, very poor quality video but interesting.
The Stealth is poor quality for sure.

I love the fwd,rwd,4wd option through the esc or radio. If I had money like that I would get one.

I'm glade some 1 likes throwing away money on poorly engineerd junk.

I think the kit that they sent Talbot was a prototype. It was one of only 25 made and it looked like it had 3d printed wheels. That being said why you would send a prototype out to Talbot before torture testing it is beyond me. You know hes gonna break it lol lol

It looks cool but I think it's a bad design. I watched couple rc sparks videos about it and it drives terrible. I think even caught fire.

In my opinion the biggest problem is huge unsprung weight. I will not go into details, but for best performance of any vehicle you want the lightest unsprung components. For example, buggies with small light tires are faster than stadium trucks with heavier tires. Or usd shocks on a motorcycle or rc car. You want light weight shock shaft to be unsprung, not a shock body, that's why shocks are mounted the way they are and not shock body on the bottom

the other issue is that with motors in all 4 wheels running at the same speed, it will behave like having locked differentials in turns.

the other issue is that with motors in all 4 wheels running at the same speed, it will behave like having locked differentials in turns.
All 4 motors are being driven by the same ESC so as long as they programmed it correctly then it should not be acting like a locked diff. Quite the opposite in fact, it should be lowering or raising kV to each motor independently in order to compensate for turning etc.

grey I dont see your above statement true.. seen other vid this is a poor design no way its has a program in it to compensate for turns

". . . definitely a very interesting design going on there . . . " Goes downhill from there.

Powering it up on the bench without checking calibration? Or even powering it up at all for grins? What the heck did he think was going to happen?

Bench test? Field test? Guy's a destruction magnet. That's why he has so much appeal to the RC crowd and such a loyal following.

Have to admit the wheel mounting seems a weak point. Still, would like to see a mature test of the product. 'AC'

grey I dont see your above statement true.. seen other vid this is a poor design no way its has a program in it to compensate for turns
Well I'm not saying it does, I'm just saying if it was designed and programmed correctly then it would

Back