New Animal Noise - What is it?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
For about a week now I have been hearing this strange noise out back of my place. There is a pond back there, and I used to hear nothing but frogs and crickets. Now it is crickets and this weird animal. Listen closely. It is like a chatter, or something in the background. What is it? Sorry about the loud crickets. I told em to be quiet, but they listen like teenagers.

One quick blast with a shot gun and there should be no more noise. Just sayim. 😁😎

That works for teenagers as well ☠️
Growing up my boys mom moved back from another state. I knew there was a bag with some goodies. As I'm digging in the car I hear a click.....clack coming from behind me. My boy grabbed the bag on my last trip in and thought it would be funny in the hood to do that. Mossberg 500 p/g.

I'm pretty sure that's the sound of an IRS agent who fell asleep while staking out your place. 🤔
One of their job requirements, for an agent, is not needing to sleep.........ever!

It's getting harder to find good help these days.

Sesame Street Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

One of their job requirements, for an agent, is not needing to sleep.........ever!

You clowns are obviously no help 🤪

I guess I need to get a parabolic mic. Maybe I will print one so I can get a better recording of it. I have lived in Indiana my whole life, spent many a night fishing from dusk til dawn, on rivers, lakes, backwoods ponds, etc, and have never heard this noise before. So I am hoping someone here can tell me what this thing is.

Last edited:
I resemble that remark.
Gonna go grab my headphones and have a listen again.
Sounds like a reptile of some kind.

Last edited:
@WickedFog Sorry man, but it was like being at a bad comedy show, all I heard were crickets.
It is really faint. It starts right after the two clicks. I will try to get a better recording of it.

I listened with my headphones and it definitely strange. Again is sounds like a reptile of some kind.

I listened with my headphones and it definitely strange. Again is sounds like a reptile of some kind.
That is kinda what I am thinking also. I am wondering if someone didn't let a pet go of some kind. All the frogs are gone.

Back