Traxxas 4 tec belt adjustment

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nelly89

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I just fully rebuilt a older nitro 4 tec. Model 4804. The car is belt driven. Both front and middle belts are perfect. The rear belt came loose. I've done some research and I see the rear is adjustable from the belt tension cams located on the left and right rear side plate. So I've taken the rear of the car apart and I see the adjustment point. My problem is the belt tension cam has a bearing that sits inside of it so as I adjust them it does nothing due to the bearing that just spins. Any suggestions appreciated!

huh thats weird i found this video witch roughly explains it he doesn't explain the belt part till after 1:00
I actually called traxxas today and the guy pointed out something I didn't notice. It was a real easy fix. I appreciate the help

I actually called traxxas today and the guy pointed out something I didn't notice. It was a real easy fix. I appreciate the help
So what was the fix in case someone else runs in to that same issue?

I didn't notice at 1st glance that the belt tension cams get wider the more the face the rear of the car. An just run them through each adjustment until they leave you with 6mm tension in the belt

Screenshot_20220927-015646_Chrome.jpg

Back