Chubaka's trailer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubaka

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Started my trailer fetish the other day. I wanted a tandem 17x8 trailer to pull. I had some aluminum cut, I think it is comes out to a 20 footer in tenth scale.

Wood deck held in by 1x7mm nails, tandem axle, standard ball hitch, and some hooks. Stamped RC4wd beadlocks with RC4wd Dirt Grabbers. Working on tail lights and red and amber side running lights. It will be painted black and I may put some reflective tape on it. The leds will plug in the bumper via a male/fwmale servo connector where it will get its power.

After the deck is done, I will figure out the leaf springs.

My next trailer will have side rails and a blower cage, a working gate, and weedeater rack. I plan on a smaller single axle, some tandems open and closed, and a tripple fifth wheeler for my F450 when it arrives. The fifth wheel will be able to hold all three Nitro Rs4s at once.

Attachments

• 20220317_112750.jpg
    20220317_112750.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 123
Started my trailer fetish the other day. I wanted a tandem 17x8 trailer to pull. I had some aluminum cut, I think it is comes out to a 20 footer in tenth scale.

Wood deck held in by 1x7mm nails, tandem axle, standard ball hitch, and some hooks. Stamped RC4wd beadlocks with RC4wd Dirt Grabbers. Working on tail lights and red and amber side running lights. It will be painted black and I may put some reflective tape on it. The leds will plug in the bumper via a male/fwmale servo connector where it will get its power.

After the deck is done, I will figure out the leaf springs.

My next trailer will have side rails and a blower cage, a working gate, and weedeater rack. I plan on a smaller single axle, some tandems open and closed, and a tripple fifth wheeler for my F450 when it arrives. The fifth wheel will be able to hold all three Nitro Rs4s at once.
Are those the 1.55 wagons? I have a set as well. I started designing a trailer 2 years ago. That was as far as I got. Will be watching this one.

Are those the 1.55 wagons? I have a set as well. I started designing a trailer 2 years ago. That was as far as I got. Will be watching this one.
These are the 1.55 wagons. They been sitting so long I thought they were 1.9.

I am half way done printing this trailer.
I'm gonna make it a left, right, or left and right flashing arrow. The second will be a lcd screen.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3857245

So I kinda used those aluminum channel on my F250 flat bed, lets try this again..... 29x8.5" deck. Need to buy wood floor and some more chains and hooks.

Attachments

• 20220621_154408.jpg
    20220621_154408.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 58
Ok, let's stay focus this time 😁
Trying again. 6x14 footer is gonna be 7.2x16 inches long in tenth scale. Started the deck. Next up is the front receiver, then the axles.

@WickedFog these are 1.9 wagon wheels. I'm gonna get 1.55s soon.

Oh man, this is gonna be amazing!!! I wanna build one for 1/5 so my xmaxx can pull all the others to field. Using you for inspiration. 😁

Oh man, this is gonna be amazing!!! I wanna build one for 1/5 so my xmaxx can pull all the others to field. Using you for inspiration. 😁
I must say that's a over qualified tow rig and you shouldn't have too much of a problem. Please do share.

Being I have a 450 this is now back on the desk to get worked on.

I must say that's a over qualified tow rig and you shouldn't have too much of a problem. Please do share.

It's about time ya slacker. And don't go looking through my project threads looking for a comeback 😁😉

Welcome to the 450 club 😉

IMG_0178.jpeg

IMG_0179.jpeg

IMG_0108.jpeg

IMG_0352.jpeg

IMG_0355.jpeg

IMG_0353.jpeg

IMG_0354.jpeg

Thanks.
Nitro fuel gets the paint off the factory body if you wanna do lights. How do you like the aluminum bits? Those are next on this puppy!
I love it man. I have huge custom lift that was made but all the rest is aluminum add one links covers all steering ends so on have massive exhaust too that smokes. Bumpers made big difference with hide away winch. I still have some more to do to it when I get a chance. I got the fifth wheel set up have huge drop hitch I’ll probably never use. I also have full let set up with green under glow. For nigh 👍. Love to see what u come up with on urs..

Thanks.
Nitro fuel gets the paint off the factory body if you wanna do lights. How do you like the aluminum bits? Those are next on this puppy!
Are you asking how to strip the anodize off aluminum? If so, Easy Off oven cleaner does the trick.

Derr, misread again. Carry on.

Are you asking how to strip the anodize off aluminum? If so, Easy Off oven cleaner does the trick.

Derr, misread again. Carry on.
All good. I have to read things 4 5 6 times. And even then dyslexia steps in!