1/24 Scale Overland Trailer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a coat of purple laid down a few minutes ago. I also have a couple other accessories printed for it. Will post some pics when the paint dries.

Trailer paint is almost done. Still have to paint the propane tank and install the roof racks, and mount the jack on the rear angled surface. Also printed a cooler and red recovery ramps for it. Going to do away with the gold and go with black bars instead after painting the fenders black.
20220521_153542.jpg

20220521_153924.jpg

Last edited:
Painted the propane tank, door and window trim, and the cap on the fuel can. I also got the roof racks and jack mounted.

Oh, I also used some thin neoprene and rolled up a tarp to mount up top.
20220523_125225.jpg

20220523_125218.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the roof rails, don't know what I was expecting but these are even better than I imagined.

Not sure how long they'll stay there. They are a little fragile, and were very tough to glue in place. But I think it would take a pretty rough rollover to kock em loose. I am just not interested in testing them to see.

Thanks. It has been a tough one, getting the printer all dialed in for this tiny stuff. I am wanting to get an Ender 3 V2 and hop it up with a good extruder and hotend with a smaller nozzle just for doing small stuff. With a smaller nozzle I'll be able to do a bit finer detail.

It's going slow. I don't have much energy lately, and I need to order a few more things to finish everything up. More next week.

I think everyone is kind of in the same mode lately. Mrs. Doom is still dealing with health issues, and has a surgery scheduled for July, lots of appointments in between. We have just been burnt out. I keep looking at my RC's but by the time I have finished the "have to do's" around the house I've been to tired to putter. Hoping to get some me time over the holiday weekend.

I have been waiting for a clear body for my Ecto since it I bought it, but they have been on back order. Yesterday I noticed the have a green version now. DOH! why can't I get my clear one!!! that's what's holding up my project. 🤨

That has been an ongoing thing with a lot of my projects. The parts I want are not in stock.

I think everyone is kind of in the same mode lately. Mrs. Doom is still dealing with health issues, and has a surgery scheduled for July, lots of appointments in between. We have just been burnt out. I keep looking at my RC's but by the time I have finished the "have to do's" around the house I've been to tired to putter. Hoping to get some me time over the holiday weekend.

I have been waiting for a clear body for my Ecto since it I bought it, but they have been on back order. Yesterday I noticed the have a green version now. DOH! why can't I get my clear one!!! that's what's holding up my project. 🤨
Vinyl wrap may help until a clear body is avaliable. I started wrapping Ugaul graphics on my 10.2, and branching off to wrappping full bodies. Hope things change for you and the mrs, and the stress subsides.

Vinyl wrap may help until a clear body is avaliable. I started wrapping Ugaul graphics on my 10.2, and branching off to wrappping full bodies. Hope things change for you and the mrs, and the stress subsides.

Might consider giving vinyl wrap a try. :thumbs-up: