Recommend ESC and Brushless sensored motor !

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yachtnutz

RCTalk Basher
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
  2. Scale Builder
  3. Boating
Hey guy’s can you recommend the best ESC and sensored brushless motor for my 6x6 . It has a 560 brushed motor that came with it ,but I’m going to go with the brushless sensored motor . It is a very heavy model to begin with , and I’ve added more weigh to it with all the extra mods . I’m getting a 16 channel radio setup ,and it will have a 22000 3S lipo battery !

Thanks

Attachments

• AFADFCB6-2C18-4437-B9BA-EC36D3961596.jpeg
    AFADFCB6-2C18-4437-B9BA-EC36D3961596.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 113
  • C85850FD-0B0C-4592-8D88-5CEA12D4CC74.jpeg
    C85850FD-0B0C-4592-8D88-5CEA12D4CC74.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 51
Nice Truck love it I’m not sure what your budget is or what you need so you need waterproof or no? does it have to be sensored or no?
But here’s one it can run 3s and there different kv options to not sure it’s waterproof

Is that a 'crawler'? I'm a huge fan of the hobbywing axe system. The load sensing setup Is amazing, especially for low speed. You can get it with a 540 or 550 can. I have one in a trx4 that I use to pull my 1/5 outcast back to the truck when the batteries die (yes, I'm that lazy 😂). Plenty of power and runs very cool. Easy built in Bluetooth programming too. Just put the app on your phone.

Castle Copperhead is 2 to 4s compatible is rated up to nine pounds, not sure how heavy your rig is.
This is a castle copperhead 2250 on 3s, largest pinion I counld fit on an ax10 tranny after grinding out the holes.

I had it barley warm in the 5 months of owning. This dolley is 35-40Ibs. Off the line I can't feel it, once I get 1/8-1/4 throttle, I can feel the weight but it never struggles. After that 1/8 to 1/4 throttle, its all about how can we stop this quickly. 😂

I'm diggin your truck @yachtnutz!

Attachments

• 20220401_152334.jpg
    20220401_152334.jpg
    607.3 KB · Views: 46
what size motor shaft did brushed motor have?. I looked and see some 560 size brushless none are censored they were in the 560 kv range with 6mm shafts. i dont think a 540 or 560 is gonna cut it with that truck not sure the scale that would help pinpoint a motor. id run a castle 8 as esc ..

Nice Truck love it I’m not sure what your budget is or what you need so you need waterproof or no? does it have to be sensored or no?
But here’s one it can run 3s and there different kv options to not sure it’s waterproof
Hey thanks for the info I really don’t have a budget so the sky’s the limit. I definitely want waterproofed setup !

best regards
Castle Copperhead is 2 to 4s compatible is rated up to nine pounds, not sure how heavy your rig is.
It’s at least 20 lbs , I have to weigh it once I get it all together ,was looking at the Castle products !
Is that a 'crawler'? I'm a huge fan of the hobbywing axe system. The load sensing setup Is amazing, especially for low speed. You can get it with a 540 or 550 can. I have one in a trx4 that I use to pull my 1/5 outcast back to the truck when the batteries die (yes, I'm that lazy 😂). Plenty of power and runs very cool. Easy built in Bluetooth programming too. Just put the app on your phone.
I really don’t know to be honest with you , I guess I could make it a crawler it’s 6x6 with 6 wheel steering not much flex the way the suspension setup is . It’s based on a actual military truck being used by the Marines !

Last edited: