What are your future projects?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am leaning more toward this one being a bit less capable crawler, with smaller tires. Maybe I'll throw the Little Guy portals on it when they come out.
I understand that completely, I am actually enjoying the differences between my scx24's If they were all maxed out super crawlers I would only need one. :thumbs-up:

I understand that completely, I am actually enjoying the differences between my scx24's If they were all maxed out super crawlers I would only need one. :thumbs-up:
That was exactly my thinking, and the fact that I really love the body of the C10, I think we'll just do bolt-,on mods for this one. I admit though, I had the scissors in hand. I need to order a clear body for it 😜

I trimmed mine just a hair, I didn't want it to be noticeable. It's a good looking body.
I will probably have to trim this one a tad also. At full lock the stock tires rub the back of the bumper. What all do you have done to your C10? All this one has so far is +5mm hubs and a Powerhobby servo.

The only thing I've done to the C10 is a set of wheels. I mentioned before I had to trim the body but I had to do that with the stock wheels and tires.
No big deal, it still looks good.

I will probably have to trim this one a tad also. At full lock the stock tires rub the back of the bumper. What all do you have done to your C10? All this one has so far is +5mm hubs and a Powerhobby servo.
Mine is on my old Furbolt chassis, it has the battery moved to the front and receiver moved to the rear...although I'm not sure it was an improvement. Also has an upgraded eso8 servo, rc4wd wheels and tires from the FMS Atlas 6x6. And a magnetic body mount.

Funny how 1/24s is pretty much taking over the world...:D

One of them is going to be a late model build. I need to find someone that can wrap the body for me. I want it exactly like that one. Its my brother who passed aways latemodel. Probably be a shelf queen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220414-211540~2.png
    Screenshot_20220414-211540~2.png
    943.1 KB · Views: 45
One of them is going to be a late model build. I need to find someone that can wrap the body for me. I want it exactly like that one. Its my brother who passed aways latemodel. Probably be a shelf queen.
What chassis are you going to build that on? Sorry about the brother. I lost my oldest brother about 7 years ago.

Ty. I'm not sure yet. Idk that ill run it. May just find a slash roller and sit it on the shelf. I gotta admit them 1/5 scales are pretty enticing tho. You can put a real body on them pretty much. The redcat is pretty cheap to and if i didn't race it it really wouldn't matter much.

You might have to use a low profile shock tower on the front of a Slash for that body to fit, but they do have the shock towers to do that. I saw a couple on Amain if I remember correctly.

Yea. If they don't make one i can. I have put a lot of bodies on real latemodels. Should be able to build one with some flashing.
Just the plastic front end would be hard

I've been contemplating doing new bodies for my twin Mad Crushers. For some reason I've sort of lost my taste for Monster Jam style bodies in general and want to switch to something more vintage MT style. Been thinking about the 1980 Ford F250 bodies from Proline and coming up with some clever names and graphics to have a low cost paint project ramping up to the RC World Finals at Diggers this year. Especially since I think there may be a few people running my Dragonoid bodies there anyway, lol.

With 3 undriveable 1:1s currently all my rc projects are future lol

@johnnydmd Sometimes you just need a refresh, sounds like a solid plan.

Bodies came in, and I designed some logos and came up with names :D (Logos are on the inside, btw). These JConcepts F-250 extended cab bodies are a good fit. A little smaller than the stock Mad Crusher body, which I felt was too large.

Think I'm gonna paint Angler Management a metal flake red with silver stripes on the hood, and Inflated Eagle a metallic blue with orange stipes on the hood.

279173825_294537736201971_2986982531783527044_n.jpg

278530837_663193954741926_5029074674478171823_n.jpg

File under a big "LOL", but I realize now that I spelled Angler Management as Angler "Mangement"! Whoops. Not gonna even try getting that decal off, it's really hard to do that without leaving residue and messing up the body. "Mangement" is kinda funny anyway :D

Project Idea: A Monster Infraction.
The idea is, to rip off the stock Infraction A-arms, steering linkage, axles, everything like that. Swap with Mojave arms, links, C-hubs, and 1/5 Outcast rims/tires, and upgrade the servo likewise. Trim the fenders to accommodate, but don't change the body. Then maybe an 8s castle system :p

Back