What are your future projects?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I always have multiple irons in the fire. At any given time I may have up to 10 RC's needing work, waiting on parts, or just waiting for mods I have planned. These are some of my current projects.
  • Traxxas X-Maxx scratch build - waiting on about $900 imworth of parts lol
  • WPL C14 - 2+ year old project, just needs finished. Lost some interest
  • Slash turned no-prep - waiting on funds for the electronics
  • Kyosho Ultima - needs electronics and needs assembled
  • Kyosho Beetle - waiting for Turbo Scorpions to come back in stock to use the chassis for this build. Have the body, electronics tub, wheels, tires, and body mounts
  • SCX24 Deadbox - needs a Furitek ESC, a brass front diff cover, and driveshafts to consider it finished
  • SCX24 C10 - Have a PN Racing motor and gears for it, along with Hot Racing steering links. Needs high clearance links, driveshafts, wheels, and a few other parts to finish it. Might 3d print a rear cage for it
Whatcha got going on?

Rs4 #2
Rs3 build #3
Jeep wrangler 1/10
F250 scx10
F450 custom chassis
3 or 4 trailers
1966 K20 crawler
Strerched 1/16 scale project "fast as duck touring truck"
A nitro conversion from electric mini

And I plan on purchasing
Cen f450
Trx4
Scx10 iii
And a few touring cars.

Rs4 #2
Rs3 build #3
Jeep wrangler 1/10
F250 scx10
F450 custom chassis
3 or 4 trailers
1966 K20 crawler
Strerched 1/16 scale project "fast as duck touring truck"
A nitro conversion from electric mini

And I plan on purchasing
Cen f450
Trx4
Scx10 iii
And a few touring cars.
I was just looking at New Bright 1/14 scale bodies, thinking if I build a 1/14 scale truck to build a trailer for, it may respark my interest in the WPL truck. Would be cool to have something to pull it around on. I was also thinking it would be fun to put a Furitek motor/esc in the WPL.

I have a upcoming project with a nitro buggy.
Planning on first firing it up (guy says its running) and then stripping and going through and cleaning everything down to every nut and bolt.

Going to take me some time but i want to do it properly.

My only "upcoming" project is a second SE car built on my custom chassis design that uses Jato drivetrain and Slash suspension. It'll be a small block, since I already have the big block powered Invader.

Beyond that my focus is racing a number of events this Spring through Fall and focusing on the infrastructure/tools to help with that, as well as the team I formed.

Here's what's going on in my shop:

Continuing upgrade to the TRX Rustler R1E and AE MT10 speed runners

Really like to finish the Junior Fuel build I started four years ago

Attachments

• 005 (2) (800x600).jpg
    005 (2) (800x600).jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 014 (2) (800x600).jpg
    014 (2) (800x600).jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 43
I was just looking at New Bright 1/14 scale bodies, thinking if I build a 1/14 scale truck to build a trailer for, it may respark my interest in the WPL truck. Would be cool to have something to pull it around on. I was also thinking it would be fun to put a Furitek motor/esc in the WPL.
Be careful with that. I usually get an overall length or wheel base. Alot of the"scales" are different.

Also for got a scx6 and a 6th scale Raptor.

Also want a few 1/14 semis and a warehouse with a forklift.

What wpl? Is it the custom painted one?

Baja 5b. I'm afraid to start anything else because it will interrupt my Baja build.
I kinda wish I could concentrate on one build at a time like you do, but I have the attention span of a Cocker Spaniel 😜

Going to take me some time but i want to do it properly.
That is the best way. I have a Jato also that needs stripped and rebuilt, as well as a few parts replaced.

My only "upcoming" project is a second SE car built on my custom chassis design that uses Jato drivetrain and Slash suspension.
I completely forgot our upcoming Pinto NP build. It is probably still a few months out, but sometime soon I need to grab that chassis I found for it.

Really like to finish the Junior Fuel build I started four years ago
Man, that looks like a fun build bro. Nicely done! @TRAT Would like that one.

Be careful with that. I usually get an overall length or wheel base. Alot of the"scales" are different.

Also for got a scx6 and a 6th scale Raptor.

Also want a few 1/14 semis and a warehouse with a forklift.

What wpl? Is it the custom painted one?
Yeah. The WPL Toyota trucks are listed as 1/16 scale, but they are really closer to 1/14 scale. You really see it if you put them up against their 1/16 B16 truck, which is a lot closer to true 1/16 scale.

But that is why I am looking for 1/14 scale truck bodies. Something that will look closer to normal pulling the C14.

I kinda wish I could concentrate on one build at a time like you do, but I have the attention span of a Cocker Spaniel 😜

That is the best way. I have a Jato also that needs stripped and rebuilt, as well as a few parts replaced.

I completely forgot our upcoming Pinto NP build. It is probably still a few months out, but sometime soon I need to grab that chassis I found for it.

Man, that looks like a fun build bro. Nicely done! @TRAT Would like that one.

Yeah. The WPL Toyota trucks are listed as 1/16 scale, but they are really closer to 1/14 scale. You really see it if you put them up against their 1/16 B16 truck, which is a lot closer to true 1/16 scale.

But that is why I am looking for 1/14 scale truck bodies. Something that will look closer to normal pulling the C14.
Well, I get interrupted often.

Need to finish up my Element Ecto, and start my MST J45 crawler. Also need to put back together one of my Arrma Typhons.
I didn't know you had more than one Typhon. Weren't you saving up for a Vanquish build?

I didn't know you had more than one Typhon. Weren't you saving up for a Vanquish build?

The Vanquish preorder was taking to long, after a couple months I gave up and bought the MST. And yep, I have V4 and a V5 6S Typhons. I like the way it drives but wanted to experiment with it so I got another.

The Vanquish preorder was taking to long, after a couple months I gave up and bought the MST. And yep, I have V4 and a V5 6S Typhons. I like the way it drives but wanted to experiment with it so I got another.
The Typhon was almost our first Arrma, but Breydon digs the monster trucks, so we got the Granite instead. Me being a buggy guy, I really wanted the Typhon lol. I like the way Breydon said he prefers monster trucks in this 😁

Have recently finished restoring my HB Lightning 2 and now scouring the Internet for a new project

Attachments

• IMG-20220302-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20220302-WA0001.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 32
Well, I'm close to finishing my Tamiya CC01 Jeep Wrangler, when that's done I'm debating going back to a project I started long ago, a Tamiya Clodbuster body, I dropped the bed, built wheel wells and plan on putting it on a nib scx10 chassis I have. Or I also have a 1:6 gi joe willys jeep I want to convert to rc. But it will be one of those two for sure.

I always have multiple irons in the fire. At any given time I may have up to 10 RC's needing work, waiting on parts, or just waiting for mods I have planned. These are some of my current projects.
  • Traxxas X-Maxx scratch build - waiting on about $900 imworth of parts lol
  • WPL C14 - 2+ year old project, just needs finished. Lost some interest
  • Slash turned no-prep - waiting on funds for the electronics
  • Kyosho Ultima - needs electronics and needs assembled
  • Kyosho Beetle - waiting for Turbo Scorpions to come back in stock to use the chassis for this build. Have the body, electronics tub, wheels, tires, and body mounts
  • SCX24 Deadbox - needs a Furitek ESC, a brass front diff cover, and driveshafts to consider it finished
  • SCX24 C10 - Have a PN Racing motor and gears for it, along with Hot Racing steering links. Needs high clearance links, driveshafts, wheels, and a few other parts to finish it. Might 3d print a rear cage for it
Whatcha got going on?
Future project is Tamiya "Wild One" kit when it gets in stock, when ever that is....May?...June?...July?

I wasn't sure which one of my projects to get back on next, so I started messing with the C10. I really like the carbon rails I put on the Deadbox, so I am gonna grab another set of those I think. Working on some designs for it, but not sure I will get to them or not. It involves hacking up the body, and I am leaning more toward this one being a bit less capable crawler, with smaller tires. Maybe I'll throw the Little Guy portals on it when they come out.

Back