Like a punch in the gut...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Life can be an s.o.b. sometimes. This week was busy, yesterday we knocked out a weeks worth of work. I am exhausted. Last night I came home to find my favorite hobby cat (Houdini) appears to have had a stroke, one pupil dilated the other not, definite stumbling list to one side. I am gutted, he is my buddy.

We took him to the emergency vet last night, they were extremely busy so we were there until 10.pm after an already brutal day, they wanted to do tests and stuff but said it might take about three hours. I couldn't stay, I was wiped. We need to take him back again this morning but I think my Anxiety meds have reached their limits of what I can handle.

Why do things like this always happen after you make a big purchase. Vet bills are going to be harsh.

Sorry for being a downer this morning but I knew you guys would understand.

Life can be an s.o.b. sometimes. This week was busy, yesterday we knocked out a weeks worth of work. I am exhausted. Last night I came home to find my favorite hobby cat (Houdini) appears to have had a stroke, one pupil dilated the other not, definite stumbling list to one side. I am gutted, he is my buddy.

We took him to the emergency vet last night, they were extremely busy so we were there until 10.pm after an already brutal day, they wanted to do tests and stuff but said it might take about three hours. I couldn't stay, I was wiped. We need to take him back again this morning but I think my Anxiety meds have reached their limits of what I can handle.

Why do things like this always happen after you make a big purchase. Vet bills are going to be harsh.

Sorry for being a downer this morning but I knew you guys would understand.
Do a GoFundMe me bro. I don't have much, but would be happy to help

Really sorry to hear about your lily guy. Hope he is ok.

Yeah, that is a gut punch of the worst kind. Hope you and your cat both recover.

Friend of mine - owner of an auto parts store - used to say, "Business is like grapes, it comes in bunches." Same can be said of troubles. You'll weather it. Got lots of supporters here on RCT to lean on.

'AC'

Sorry to hear that.

That sucks man. Hopefully they figure something out and you get some more time. You’re spot on with the purchases thing part. Always plays out like that. I swear sometimes you’re just not allowed to be happy.

What the poop man!!! Life always throws tests at ya. I’m tested almost on a daily.

We tried to get him in this morning, the vet has surgeries scheduled and wont be available until after 3:00. I think Houdini is doing better than I am. All things considered he doing well. He is still mobile just looks like a drunken sailor. He stumbles a lot. They said there is a slight chance it wasn't a stroke and it could just be an inner ear thing but that doesn't explain the one dilated pupil.

I am a wreck. I know I'm overreacting to the stress but that's how anxiety/depression works. I wanted to putter with one of my rigs while we wait but can't focus. Plus I'm expecting a call from my boss any time now. I'm going to have to go in and do some maintenance on one of the machines he's been running all day. It's not a big thing. Just bad timing. We are slammed at work right now and really need it.

We tried to get him in this morning, the vet has surgeries scheduled and wont be available until after 3:00. I think Houdini is doing better than I am. All things considered he doing well. He is still mobile just looks like a drunken sailor. He stumbles a lot. They said there is a slight chance it wasn't a stroke and it could just be an inner ear thing but that doesn't explain the one dilated pupil.

I am a wreck. I know I'm overreacting to the stress but that's how anxiety/depression works. I wanted to putter with one of my rigs while we wait but can't focus. Plus I'm expecting a call from my boss any time now. I'm going to have to go in and do some maintenance on one of the machines he's been running all day. It's not a big thing. Just bad timing. We are slammed at work right now and really need it.
Well, hang in there bro. I hope it does turn out to be something simple to fix that is ailing him.

Update....Friday night...4 hours in the vet emergency, went back Saturday and spent 5 more hours there, in that amount of time we got a cursory exam and a qoute that wasn't even correct. Finally I asked why we would have to leave our pet for 3 or 4 more hours just so they could take blood for lab work. I said after 9 total hours of waiting you can't spend 10 minutes to draw blood and let us go home? They got attitude big time and I said screw it we are out.

I have an appointment with my regular vet in a couple of days. I feel bad that my baby has to wait that long but the longer we were there the less I trusted them. During the time we were there, they mixed up our paperwork with someone elses, that made me worry if he would be getting the right treatment. They wanted to run tests that made no sense, full body exrays, etc. That really had no bearing on what he was there for.

After being in the exam room 5 hours, 5 different sets of people came and went in the room next door, thats when I realized they weren't cleaning the exam rooms any better than a fast food worker cleans the tables. Once I noticed this, I realized there was, no lie, a quarter inch of gunk along the bottom edge of the walls and counters where they "clean" the floors. I am kind of glad we didn't receive treatment there, I feel like we would have left with more problems than we arrived with.

Needless to say it was a stressful weekend.

On a happier note, Houdini is doing ok, he still has his appetite, but eats slower. He still walks like a drunken sailor, but none of this seems to have affected his personality. He is already adapting by leaning on walls and furniture when he walks.

Sorry to hear, my 20 year old cat suffered a stroke last summer.

Sorry to hear, my 20 year old cat suffered a stroke last summer.
There you are. Was wondering where you went. Sorry about your kitty. Cats are amazing creatures that dog people just don't get. It's hard to watch them go through hard times.

I wish I could have a cat, but I am allergic. I suffered through it anyway for years, but now my son is very allergic to them as well.

Oh, I was in Las Vegas, took my wife to see the Scorpions, one of her favorite bands :D
How was it? I liked the Scorpions. Never had a chance to see them live, but would have gone if I could have. My ex was in love with Tommy Shaw, and Styx came to the Indianapolis fairgrounds one year, so I took her for an anniversary present. Not a band high up on my list, but they actually put on a really good show. Oh, it was my son Breydon's first concert :D I think he was 2 maybe?

How was it? I liked the Scorpions. Never had a chance to see them live, but would have gone if I could have. My ex was in love with Tommy Shaw, and Styx came to the Indianapolis fairgrounds one year, so I took her for an anniversary present. Not a band high up on my list, but they actually put on a really good show. Oh, it was my son Breydon's first concert :D I think he was 2 maybe?

They were amazing, which given them being in their 70's was hard to believe. I saw them in the 80's and early 90's too, and this show was pretty darn close to that experience. Great set list, played a good amount of their peak hits, plus some of their newest stuff which a couple of tracks are really good. Some years ago they were doing their "last" tour, and my wife really wanted to go, but I whiffed on getting tickets (literally just forgot when the show was). So this was a "make up" concert :D I was really happy for her to get to see them before they stop for good, or die.

Skid Row opened, and I wasn't sure about them because they just picked up a new singer 3 days before the show, some Swedish kid, but he was incredible. I think the rest of the band was the original members too. They played a great set ( I forgot how many hits they actually had from their first two albums, I recognized every song). Now my wife is playing Skid Row on Alexa every time she takes a shower, lol.

They were amazing, which given them being in their 70's was hard to believe. I saw them in the 80's and early 90's too, and this show was pretty darn close to that experience. Great set list, played a good amount of their peak hits, plus some of their newest stuff which a couple of tracks are really good. Some years ago they were doing their "last" tour, and my wife really wanted to go, but I whiffed on getting tickets (literally just forgot when the show was). So this was a "make up" concert :D I was really happy for her to get to see them before they stop for good, or die.

Skid Row opened, and I wasn't sure about them because they just picked up a new singer 3 days before the show, some Swedish kid, but he was incredible. I think the rest of the band was the original members too. They played a great set ( I forgot how many hits they actually had from their first two albums, I recognized every song). Now my wife is playing Skid Row on Alexa every time she takes a shower, lol.
That's awesome! Skid Row is a really cool band. Been a LONG time since I have listened to them.

I think the best band I ever saw live was Blue Oyster Cult, and it was in a bar that held at most 120 people standing cheek to cheek. My girlfriend at that time surprized me. I didn't even know who was playing til they got on stage. They must have played for 4 or 5 hours, or at least it seemed like it. It was the same way with them. I didn't realize some of the songs they played were theirs, because there were sooo many, but man, they played them all. And to top it off, each one seemed like they added 5 minutes to them with crazy guitar and drum solos. One helluva show. But I have always wondered why such a big time band showed up in our little college town and played in that bar. They must have just loved playing in bars, or the owner knew them. I never did hear anything about why they did that, but man, what a show.

Another cool one was Jackyl came to town, and blocked off one of the busiest intersections right in the middle of town. They pulled in a semi that opened up into a stage, and they put on a killer "free" show. All I remember was all the hot college girls in the crowd LOL.

Sorry to hijack your thread @Doom! , but hopefully some random chit chat will take your mind off things.

Back