My Revo idles high

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tucson RC guy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
My Revo 3.3 idles really high after half a tank I'm currently in the break in process 2 tanks in after I apply the break and let go it starts to move. Any advice?

Adjust your linkages.

Do not touch the carb slide idle screw

Do you have the instruction manual?

theres a detailed section on this issue
Yes I have the manual the nitro scene is new to me I been into the electric rcs more this is my first nitro
Yes I have the manual the nitro scene is new to me I been into the electric rcs more this is my first nitro
I haven't seen much on the linkage more so on the idle screw, low speed and high speed needles

I haven't seen much on the linkage more so on the idle screw, low speed and high speed needles
Dont go turning needles worst thing to do

Ok I'm not getting much on the manual other then tuning the needles what do you suggest I do?

Check temps, make sure idle gap is correct. It's always going to idle higher when the tank is less full as it leans out with less tank pressure. If you're not seeing some fuel coming out of the exhaust when idling during break in, you're probably a little lean.

Check temps, make sure idle gap is correct. It's always going to idle higher when the tank is less full as it leans out with less tank pressure. If you're not seeing some fuel coming out of the exhaust when idling during break in, you're probably a little lean.
Ok so look for a little duel coming out the exhaust?
Ok so look for a little duel coming out the exhaust?
Fuel
How do I know what the correct idle gap is I looked yesterday it was kinda small like the point of a pen

On the revo, the TRS pulls the carb closed. With the engine off and throttle trim at 0, there should be a bit of a gap on the throttle slide before the slider makes contact with the collar and moves it. If there isn't a gap, then you need to move the collar.

You can see the gap here between the yellow slider and the silver collar:
2010-0403-SlayerThrottleLinkage.jpg

Obviously, this isn't stock, but stock should have a similar setup.

I didn't like the stock setup relying on the TRS and requiring such a stiff TRS, so I used a softer spring, but added an additional spring/collar like most other RC's have so that when I was at "idle" on the transmitter, it pulled against the throttle a little bit and compressed the spring on the throttle wire. When I applied brake, it would compress the spring more. But the spring wasn't overly stiff and there was still a softer throttle return spring connected to the carb if I lost power.

Anyway, with no gap, it would suggest your transmitter isn't at 0 for trim, or it is and the collar needs moved a little. This allows for the TRS to pull the carb fully closed against the idle set screw. Then that screw will adjust your idle. If there isn't a gap between the collar and slider, adjusting the idle screw won't help because the servo will be holding the carb open.