Brand new Traxass slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayg1022

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Just bought a Traxxas Slash and was wondering what additional upgrades can be done to this vehicle?

almost the entire thing from tires to lcg chassis id start with what breaks 1st..maybe upgrade steering rack to a aluminum 1 .. rpm is a good upgrade for parts that break

Just bought a Traxxas Slash and was wondering what additional upgrades can be done to this vehicle?
The sky is the limit my friend. There are sooo many options for the Slash you won't know where to begin. I would suggest first to buy some RPM arms, but don't put them on til you break the stock ones. There are lots of options for shocks, transmission upgrades like 32p pinion and spur, or complete transmissions, LCG chassis, etc. Electronics (especially the servo) can be upgraded. There are also anti-sway bars. There are lots of options for wheels and tires as well.

Like said, you can change all plastics, body hardware, wheels and electronics, you can have a traxxas slash with nothing traxxas.

Wait to see what breaks first then upgrade that to RPM (if not a steering component like a caster block which should be upgraded to aluminum) or aluminum (for caster blocks mainly, AVOID ALUMINUM ARMS!!!).

Like said, you can change all plastics, body hardware, wheels and electronics, you can have a traxxas slash with nothing traxxas.
I have a half done rally that's nearly 0 traxxas parts, its getting close

Like most guys, I don't upgrade until it needs it. That will pretty much determine what needs to be upgraded.

Dont install aluminum A arms or shock towers unless you want to break parts like the chassis mounts. The plastic parts allow enough flexing so things are less likely to break in a crash. You didn't state if it was a 2wd or 4x4.

The sky is the limit my friend. There are sooo many options for the Slash you won't know where to begin. I would suggest first to buy some RPM arms, but don't put them on til you break the stock ones. There are lots of options for shocks, transmission upgrades like 32p pinion and spur, or complete transmissions, LCG chassis, etc. Electronics (especially the servo) can be upgraded. There are also anti-sway bars. There are lots of options for wheels and tires as well.
Am I able to cut the TRX connector for the battery and add something else for a connector for lipo batteries?

Am I able to cut the TRX connector for the battery and add something else for a connector for lipo batteries?
Yeah, but I think it voids the warranty 😜

It's worth it though. The Traxxas batteries are overpriced.

Yeah, but I think it voids the warranty 😜

It's worth it though. The Traxxas batteries are overpriced.
It really don't matter does it? If you can pretty much replace any part right?

It really don't matter does it? If you can pretty much replace any part right?
Yeah. Don't sweat it. You can replace everything pretty cheap on it. I'm not sure really on the warranty. Kevin Talbot on YT always cuts them off first thing and makes the comment "void the warranty".

Yeah. Don't sweat it. You can replace everything pretty cheap on it. I'm not sure really on the warranty. Kevin Talbot on YT always cuts them off first thing and makes the comment "void the warranty".
I can still use thier ESC right, I think I seen a video where you connect the lipo battery and hold the button down on the ESC until it turns green?

I can still use thier ESC right, I think I seen a video where you connect the lipo battery and hold the button down on the ESC until it turns green?
If you change the connector, nothing else would change except for the connector. You can still use the ESC normally, Green = LVC on, Red = LVC off.

If you change the connector, nothing else would change except for the connector. You can still use the ESC normally, Green = LVC on, Red = LVC off.
Right, you need to make sure the ESC is in the green right before use? Do I need to do that all the time?

Right, you need to make sure the ESC is in the green right before use? Do I need to do that all the time?
The settings will stay the same unless you change them.

In the box they gave another gear setup for faster speeds, is another?

In the box they gave another gear setup for faster speeds, is another?
I don't understand your question. The speed gearing is only for straight-line speed runs with breaks in between.