Red cat kaiju lower control arms

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randybernard

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Just looking to see if there is anybody that makes aluminum lower a arms for the kaiju ext

Why do you want aluminum arms? They bend super easily, are super heavy, cause other parts to break, and many other issues down the line. Unless you want to make it a shelf queen.

I can’t find any aluminum arms.

Just looking to see if there is anybody that makes aluminum lower a arms for the kaiju ext
Aluminum arms on any RC except for drift and on-road cars, where the arms are tucked under a body, are not good man. For open wheeled cars, it is a bad idea. Aluminum bends and breaks, and is expensive to replace. Plastic arms will actually take more abuse. I learned this from experience, as have a lot of others here that will surely chime in with the exact same advice.

You are right!! I don't know if the plastic is just really elastic or what but they started out flat and straight, theyare now curved upward from the shock mount to the hub carrier ..
I've olny had this truck for mabey a month and it olny been out for 6 or 7 months
Why do you want aluminum arms? They bend super easily, are super heavy, cause other parts to break, and many other issues down the line. Unless you want to make it a shelf queen.

I can’t find any aluminum arms.
They started out flat and straight and now they are curved from the shock mount to the hub carrier, I've olny had this truck a month

You are right!! I don't know if the plastic is just really elastic or what but they started out flat and straight, theyare now curved upward from the shock mount to the hub carrier ..
I've olny had this truck for mabey a month and it olny been out for 6 or 7 months

They started out flat and straight and now they are curved from the shock mount to the hub carrier, I've olny had this truck a month
I heard that boiling them softens them up a bit so that you can straighten them. Don’t do this yet, wait for someone else to confirm this.

Is that a common practice????

I guess the olny other solution is buy lower control arms to replace the bent ones. At least there cheep!!! Lol

You can boil them, bend them back into shape while still warm, then run them under cold water to lock it back in.

You can actually add a bit of reverse bend in them that will help them not to bend back so soon.

I'll give it a try ... in the mean time I'll buy new ones to switch back and forth so it's ready for me to ripp ..
Thank you for the info

Just be careful bending them. But shocking them with really cold water while they are hot should bring back a little hardness.

Back