So who burned some nitro today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt ill get any help but idk what else to do i bought a brand new nitro slash about 6 months ago and have never gotten it to start. electric start seems fine glow plugs fine and idk what to do every time I've seeked help i have gotten the same suggestions that i have already tried. I recently tore apart my dirt bike and got it fixed for the first time by myself but i can't get a little car to run... :confused: I dont want to be out a few hundred dollars but i think i am
I agree with Tunedpipe above. Start your own help thread in the nitro forum and we'll see if we can't figure something out. It would also help to tell us all the stuff that youve already tried so we dont just tell you the same things youve already tried.

I was able to get out this morning and burn a tank. Weather has cooled of to where it is nice. Just wanted to do a test run after repairing some self induced crash damage awhile back. May hit the local track on Wednesday for some practice laps. 😀

I run the t maxx almost daily work nitro sleep repeat

Attachments

• 6311.jpeg
    6311.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 6307.jpeg
    6307.jpeg
    335.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 6303.jpeg
    6303.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 72
I ran 2 tanks this morning to test out a new 1 tooth larger clutch bell gear I installed last week. I am happy with the change and really happy I didn’t break anything, as I am prone to do!! 😂. Have a good day all!

Update on the usa 1 it has its fair share of problems first off the transmission is a little problematic being that it's a 3 speed some came with defective one way bearings mine didn't it works as it should after I adjusted the shift points second I do not beat on this thing hard at all maybe 10 tanks of fuel so far and the exhaust baffling inside broke causing it to not run other than those few gripes it fiddlesticking runs like a bat outta hell this thing is stupid fast and torquey as poop all that being said kyosho took care of me and sent me all new replacement parts that speaks volumes to me overall I'm satisfied with my purchase and I will hang onto this truck for the rest of my life

Update on the usa 1 it has its fair share of problems first off the transmission is a little problematic being that it's a 3 speed some came with defective one way bearings mine didn't it works as it should after I adjusted the shift points second I do not beat on this thing hard at all maybe 10 tanks of fuel so far and the exhaust baffling inside broke causing it to not run other than those few gripes it fiddlesticking runs like a bat outta hell this thing is stupid fast and torquey as poop all that being said kyosho took care of me and sent me all new replacement parts that speaks volumes to me overall I'm satisfied with my purchase and I will hang onto this truck for the rest of my life
Glad you're enjoying it! I was going to buy one but all the issues I saw with it online from early reviewers talked me out of it

Glad you're enjoying it! I was going to buy one but all the issues I saw with it online from early reviewers talked me out of it
Honestly Grey you won't be disappointed I thought I was going to have a nightmare and that's not the case with mine I think som of the first ones a qc issues but since then have sorted it all out

So with sad news. I burned my last 2 tanks yesterday. Wife basically said its me or your RCs. Side note to what set that off. I was making a deal for another RC10 GT without her knowledge so that was the last straw.
She made me clear my RC garage out. I got to keep my EMaxx (boo) but everything else had to go. She didnt see why did I need more than one or why I "obsess" over them. Before I sold the GT I had one last hooray. Hope in time and short period of time I can be back with a RC10GT. Such a sad Valentine weekend. Not to sure still if I made the right choice.
That bitch be gone lmao she obv dont care to much to throw a relation ship away over some rc cars

When you are married ,a couple becomes one ,so you have to be a little fore giving an take care of other
things that matter the most in that relationship ,house hold priorities come first!
There has been many times that my wife too me that I can't buy that certain item ,but there has been many
times that she gave me the OK to do so!..👍😎

Regarding the USA-1 - it appears that the bearings in the transmission and clutch bell were assembled dry - Kyosho is taking care of people from what I hear, but you can save the hassle by lubing them. Personally I cannot vouch for the transmissions one way or another as I customized mine pretty quickly off the bat to make them single speed, as both of mine are very singularly built for Monster Jam style racing where the 3-speed was not useful and in some cases problematic. I've had no issues with spur gears stripping though, as I understand that was being caused by the bearing failure?

Regarding the wives - yup, there's gotta be compromise, I think most wives probably don't get why boys need their toys, so unless you get really, really lucky, gotta find some middle ground. My first wife was more of the non-compromising sort in many ways, and she would give me crap for spending money on upgrades for mine, but it was fine for her to get upgrades on her boobs. My second wife on the other hand, well I can just say I got really lucky and she is beyond supportive, and she's literally my pit crew, filmer, planner, and poop talker :D

I have some Nitro RC Car Parts that I know very little about. They are HobbyPower brand. Some are for drones most seem to fit the Traxxas line of rc trucks. Anybody possibly interested or could point me in the right direction? I'm asking 20% retail price as I have no use for this stuff.

Attachments

• 20220207_111127.jpg
    20220207_111127.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20220206-153301_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220206-153301_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20220206-153425_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220206-153425_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20220206-152932_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220206-152932_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 43
i usually get a session in at least twice a month, if it isn't raining too bad (pacific northwest)
butttttt i havent ran in a few months. i did just move though, so i have tons to do around the house, but now i have a big back yard which will definitely have tire marks around the perimeter within a couple months:naughty:

I've been burning small amounts while I troubleshoot an issue - One way bearing slipping. Current project is converting a HSP monster truck to an all alloy build. Surprisingly cheap to do thanks to china...

I went through 4 tanks in my Nitro Rustler .15 today! I still need to buy a body though. I also found out that the Nitro Rustler .15 is faster than a Rustler XL-5 on 2s!

Ran my losi LST yesterday for a tank for the first time in forever! Ran beautifully, didn’t even need to touch the needles. 70 degree day in North Carolina in February, good stuff.

I went through 4 tanks in my Nitro Rustler .15 today! I still need to buy a body though. I also found out that the Nitro Rustler .15 is faster than a Rustler XL-5 on 2s!
Rustler should be roughly 30 give or take gearing, motor life, incline, wind, all that science sxxt they tesch in school.

Nitro rusty should be the same 38 mph of the nitro sport with a .15.

I had the xl5 stampede while my buddy had a nitro sport. Its a close race with a vxl 6 or 7 cell NiMH.