Best street tire for my slash 2wd

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
For tires for my slash, I am still running the stock tires. I just had another set of the same tires. I want some street tires for when I am driving on the side walk/street. I am planning to get 2.8 tires so I can so through the grass. For the 2.8 tires I am planning to get the Duratrax lockups or the Proline Badlands/Trenchers. For street tires I know that the duratrax bandito's are good. Also I think Proline has a street tire don't know what the name is. For my rustler I have the Anaconda tires. I am also planning to get 2.8 tires for my rustler for off road. Thinking about getting the same tires I am getting for the slash or I am getting the talon tires from the rustler 4x4.

Next parts/ upgrades for my slash:
Tires - offroad 2.8s and street tires
lcg kit
Proline body mounts - tired of the body clips/copper pins
New body

Next parts/upgrades for my rustler:
New body
Tires - off-road 2.8 tires
Servo
Pins for steering block into caster and pins for arm going into bulkhead

For the rustler I am still having problems with that one screw pin for the steering block into the caster block. I haven't took it out in a while because of the cold and school stuff. I am still looking for pins for the steering and arm into bulkhead.
So basically each car will have a street tire set and a off-road tire set.

Duratrax speedtreads robber 1/8 buggy and a 12mm to 17mm hex conversion

For street tires you can't beat the Anaconda's that you already have. Badlands suck on pavement. I'm chewng through a set of those right now. Horrible. Proline street fighters wear a fair amount over time but they don't hold a candle against the Anaconda's for grip. I run on pavement every day. I go through a lot of tires. And tires expensive. So let's discuss this......

Why are all RC tires so low on the quality index.????? I have a 5000lb. automobile that has tires that last 80,000.($500) I have 2 bicycle tires that cost 50 bucks each and I can get 1,000+ miiles out of them. I pay $100 for 4 Proline Badlands tires and they last maybe...... 3 weeks. On a 5lb. RC buggy. No. Wait..... Less than 3 weeks. Total B.S. ..... That's worse than inflation and trust me..... I hate infaltion.!! What gives.?? Discuss.....

Last edited:
For street tires you can't beat the Anaconda's that you already have. Badlands suck on pavement. I'm chewng through a set of those right now. Horrible. Proline street fighters wear a fair amount over time but they don't hold a candle against the Anaconda's for grip. I run on pavement every day. I go through a lot of tires. And tires expensive. So let's discuss this......

Why are all RC tires so low on the quality index.????? I have a 5000lb. automobile that has tires that last 80,000.($500) I have 2 bicycle tires that cost 50 bucks each and I can get 1,000+ miiles out of them. I pay $100 for 4 Proline Badlands tires and they last maybe...... 3 weeks. On a 5lb. RC buggy. No. Wait..... Less than 3 weeks. Total B.S. ..... That's worse than inflation and trust me..... I hate infaltion.!! What gives.?? Discuss.....
Thats probably because the RCs in comparison to your daily driver, bicycle, etc have way more HP and are driving at much higher speeds all the time. Not to mention they probably have to use softer tire compounds to make up for the fact that the rigs dont weigh very much. If I go out on my 700HP Challenger and drive it really hard, I can wear out a 35,000 mile set of of Nitto 420Vs in 2 or 3 weekends.

For tires for my slash, I am still running the stock tires. I just had another set of the same tires. I want some street tires for when I am driving on the side walk/street. I am planning to get 2.8 tires so I can so through the grass. For the 2.8 tires I am planning to get the Duratrax lockups or the Proline Badlands/Trenchers. For street tires I know that the duratrax bandito's are good. Also I think Proline has a street tire don't know what the name is. For my rustler I have the Anaconda tires. I am also planning to get 2.8 tires for my rustler for off road. Thinking about getting the same tires I am getting for the slash or I am getting the talon tires from the rustler 4x4.

Next parts/ upgrades for my slash:
Tires - offroad 2.8s and street tires
lcg kit
Proline body mounts - tired of the body clips/copper pins
New body

Next parts/upgrades for my rustler:
New body
Tires - off-road 2.8 tires
Servo
Pins for steering block into caster and pins for arm going into bulkhead

For the rustler I am still having problems with that one screw pin for the steering block into the caster block. I haven't took it out in a while because of the cold and school stuff. I am still looking for pins for the steering and arm into bulkhead.
So basically each car will have a street tire set and a off-road tire set.
I run GRPs for the street. Different compounds and never balloon.