Neon pink and green polycarbonate paint

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Who makes good neon paint? I want to paint a Typhon 3s body.

I do have an air compressor.
Paashe vl $50, or even cheap harbor freight airbrush for $20 can get you started if you have a regulator and are interested.

I like to use airbrush, then back it in can as airvrush is usually water base.

If this is your first body, unless a crawler, paint the inside first using dark to light if possible. I back with silver then black for a clean finish under. I sometimes paint dark after light after I paint white then silver then my dark. Silver usually prevents the darker color showing inside the lighter.

Master airbrush from amazon. They are probably the nicest cheap airbrushes.

With airbrush paints, you get a LOT more color choices. I use Parma Faskolor and Createx, which are both acrylics, and can be sprayed inside, no worries. Too damn cold to paint outside right now.

I have the Master airbrush set with three airbrushes; I like it. I haven't used it on RC cars but I use it a lot on my train build.

This is one if the ones I have
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KJDXH...abc_ZZW0AQXP3DDBF5ZM13SQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Screenshot_20211115-214341_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Thanks for the responses! I will have to save up some money for a while to get the airbrush and paints since I don’t have all of the money, and I’m not old enough for a job yet…

Thanks for the responses! I will have to save up some money for a while to get the airbrush and paints since I don’t have all of the money, and I’m not old enough for a job yet…
Why airbrush? I just used the rattle cans on mine and my other body's I've done and as long as you take your time and prep the body good it should turn out just fine. This is what I used👍🏼 https://www.amainhobbies.com/tamiya-ps7-orange-lexan-spray-paint-100ml-tam86007/p-qqqet2eq6b2xactz

It looks a different color but it is very much pink and it was done with rattle cans. It can be done very well if using a little patience
20210526_203326.jpg

Why airbrush?

A few reasons I switched to airbrush...
A lot more paint color and effect choices.
A lot easier to do finer detail painting.
I wanted to learn how to do flames, scallops, etc.
Much easier to use indoors in the winter time.
No fumes and very, very minimal overspray.
Can spray liquid mask.
Paint is sometimes a lot cheaper.
Can mix colors to get the exact color you want.

It looks a different color but it is very much pink and it was done with rattle cans. It can be done very well if using a little patience
View attachment 136717
It looks very red, I’m trying to get a pink like on the Kyosho Raider ARR.
F92E5169-AF25-4387-805C-DFA6F14B4F5A.jpeg

A touch of white added to Createx florescent pink would be the color.
Untitled90_20211116081419.png