Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a bunch of soldering done this evening. 4 of the new CNHL packs changed from EC5 to QS8 and also soldered leads on the new Holmes Hobbies 550 12t motor for the crawler👍🏼
20211009_175905.jpg
20211009_175935.jpg
20211009_161633.jpg

Wrenched on my X8s. Put on some new shock springs from VG-racing in cal.
And a set of shock covers to protect the shock shaft and bottom seal from macs-costume-design on ebay also sprayed the covers with some WP to help. The fit nice
View attachment 129133View attachment 129132View attachment 129131And a T-bone racing full skid plate. I'm liking the full plate instead of just the center plate View attachment 129134
Got get me one them skid plates I’m start working on mines soon had it for a bit juzt ran it ones

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 31
Also got the new Holmes Hobbies 550 12t installed and HOLY COW what a HUGE difference! Crawls so much smoother and amazing low speed crawl now! Extremely happy with the new system and performance!
20211009_202126.jpg

I worked on my Tamiya S10 today. and the original body was beat and cracked - you can see all the camo duct tape on it in my Tamiya Basket Case thread. I used clear FlexTape - I am telling ya, it worked great, pliable, flexable (duh), and sticky. I taped the outside first with the blue painters tape to get the lines to match up and then used the FlexTape on the inside - worked like a champ.
Never seen a Tamiya S10 before. Cool looking truck

Got get me one them skid plates I’m start working on mines soon had it for a bit juzt ran it ones
Not sure if you do can't see. You should keep your RCs up off the tires. All of them they can get flat spots. If they sit for a while. Just a thought
I love the Tbone racing plate..👍👍

Going to get some paint today and paint the windows; then I will repair the broken corner post with the Flextape and then I can remove the blue painters tape.

Not sure if you do can't see. You should keep your RCs up off the tires. All of them they can get flat spots. If they sit for a while. Just a thought
I love the Tbone racing plate..👍👍
Thanks for the tip would be looking into getting more stands

Well not wrenching on my RCs as of now. But got to work on daughter's beach cruiser bike. The rear hub was loose. And the bearings need to be repacked with grease.
Thanks for the tip would be looking into getting more stands
I use coffee containers for some of mine. Works good. Really anything to keep the tires up. My Xmaxx sits on my kids step stool.👍🤣🤣🤣

Well not wrenching on my RCs as of now. But got to work on daughter's beach cruiser bike. The rear hub was loose. And the bearings need to be repacked with grease.

I use coffee containers for some of mine. Works good. Really anything to keep the tires up. My Xmaxx sits on my kids step stool.👍🤣🤣🤣
Most definitely would be emptying all coffe containers lol😂😂😂

Got tired of fighting to get the body on and all the extra wire length in my Limitless. Soldered up series plugs off the XLX2 which eliminated about 4" of extra wire and a extra connection point running the series harness to the single QS8 plug off the XLX2. Should also help eliminate a fair amount of resistance shortening the total wire length and loosing a connection point from the batteries to the ESC.
20211015_210447.jpg

Got tired of fighting to get the body on and all the extra wire length in my Limitless. Soldered up series plugs off the XLX2 which eliminated about 4" of extra wire and a extra connection point running the series harness to the single QS8 plug off the XLX2. Should also help eliminate a fair amount of resistance shortening the total wire length and loosing a connection point from the batteries to the ESC.View attachment 135086
Hell yeah best way to do it. IMO
Nicely done sir👍👍

I had recently got metal wheels to lower the lcg on my Traxxas Defender. For tires, I used the stock Canyon Trail from the Defender. I've become a fan of these tires and the excellent, first trail run with this setup reinforce why I am such a fan.
After this very successful trail run, I thought if this setup would also improve my Redcat GEN8V2 performance. So, today I am swapped them over and went for a trail run.
While swapping out wheels, I'd decided to do a little modification to the Redcat. I removed the battery holder and moved my 3s 2200 mah lipo to the right side of the vehicle. This mod lowered the lcg by nearly an inch and decreased the total weight of the vehicle by 1.5oz. Also, by placing the battery on the right side, it helps to balance out the vehicle, since by design, there are more components situated on the left side of the vehicle.
The trail run confirms that the crawl performance has noticeably improved with the Canyon Trail tires and moving the components around.
I ran the Redcat pretty hard today, so much so that I broke the right front porter cover. I'll be upgradeling to a brass cover. That'll be a wrenching post for another day.
InShot_20211017_220546782.jpg
InShot_20211017_220439486.jpg
1017211327a.jpg
1017211326.jpg
1017211327b.jpg
1017211328.jpg
1017212110a.jpg

Last edited:
Working on the HoBao Hyper SS today - did a front end alignment, ran into town and bought a new radio for it, a Sanwa MX-6. Got everything operating correctly but the throttle servo, sometimes when I let off where it is in neutral, the servo buzz's - wassup wit dat? And with the receiver, I can't shut the lid. Surely that old vintage cars receiver box wouldn't be smaller than one of these new MX-6 receivers, would it?

@Xraycer Nice mods, it's always good when you can squeeze out a little more perfomance. :thumbs-up: wish they sold those tires unmounted.
It's messed up, but those tires are way cheaper when you buy them premounted to the plastic wheels. No big deal though, since I figured out how to easily remove them using acetone fumes. That's exactly what I did with these tires!