Novasrossi mephisto.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikespaniel

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi everyone., i would appreciate if someone with far Supirior knowledge than me to answer a couple of questions for me. I managed to get a novarossi mephisto 21 and will be my last as they no longer are in buisness. I thought i had a really good tune on it, but when i went to restart it from hot it acted lean and would only restart if i richened lsn. Engine temp was only about 190/200f and showed no signs of being lean. Infact it was flying. So can a engine be lean if temps are ok? Even giving it throttle wouldnt start it from hot. Any ideas? I'm thinking some sort of fuel starvation?

Hi everyone., i would appreciate if someone with far Supirior knowledge than me to answer a couple of questions for me. I managed to get a novarossi mephisto 21 and will be my last as they no longer are in buisness. I thought i had a really good tune on it, but when i went to restart it from hot it acted lean and would only restart if i richened lsn. Engine temp was only about 190/200f and showed no signs of being lean. Infact it was flying. So can a engine be lean if temps are ok? Even giving it throttle wouldnt start it from hot. Any ideas? I'm thinking some sort of fuel starvation?

Try putting the needles back to factory settings ,an restart the tune process ,but if you have no tank
pressure ,or the fuel filter plugged then that may be the issue ,if the rest of your buggy sit for a long
period of time with fuel residue in the tank ,then you need to make sure to clean the tank out!

Try putting the needles back to factory settings ,an restart the tune process ,but if you have no tank
pressure ,or the fuel filter plugged then that may be the issue ,if the rest of your buggy sit for a long
period of time with fuel residue in the tank ,then you need to make sure to clean the tank out!
I've done thst before snd the factory settings are super rich. Bit will try a retune again from factory settings. I do leave it for a couple of weeks st a time but always run it out of fuel on the starter box. And drops of after run oil down the plug hole. But not the carb. Ill try cleaning fuel tank and carb. Runs perfectly when running.

I'm thinking air leaks funnily enough. Its always been a pig to tune compared to my other engines. I never sealed the engine so perhaps now is a good time.
Also have bubbles in fuel line.

After run oil isnt going to make your engine run better!
When people ask for ?'s on why the engine wont run ,we dont know
the history of it ,how old it is ,how long it sit on a shelf!

The carb. needle o-rings could have dried up an cracked for all we know!

I'm thinking air leaks funnily enough. Its always been a pig to tune compared to my other engines. I never sealed the engine so perhaps now is a good time.
Also have bubbles in fuel line.
That would be a sign it is sucking air somewhere I would think.

After run oil isnt going to make your engine run better!
When people ask for ?'s on why the engine wont run ,we dont know
the history of it ,how old it is ,how long it sit on a shelf!

The carb. needle o-rings could have dried up an cracked for all we know!
I know it isnt going to mske it run better. But most people say use it if your not using your engine for a few weeks. Regarding history 4 months old. Not sat on a shelf and o ring rubbers are fine. So now you know.

Back