OK, now I really want a drag car - New Pinto Body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1627250241368.png

Cool stuff indeed! I won't even pretend to go there, but I like to look.
Oh man. Just browsing that Eagle site. They have a boatload of 1/24 bodies for slot cars. Wonder how this would look on an SCX24
It would be cool lookin' for sure. I need to get back to work on my 32 Ford pickup scx24. Maybe when I'm done with the safari rig. One thing you need to be carefull of if you try it, is body width. Everyone remembers wheel to wheel length wise, but all that stuff still has to squeeze under the hood.

I digging the Pro Line Pinto body! I owned 2 Pintos in my life. They were both reliable, cheap and fun! Back in the 70's Pinto's ruled the Pro Stock ranks in drag racing. Gapp and Roush (the same Roush in NASCAR and road racing) and Bob Glidden had 'em!
Go to a local oval race and the Mini Stock class was dominated in numbers by Pintos. I'm gonna snag one of these bad boys!

I digging the Pro Line Pinto body! I owned 2 Pintos in my life. They were both reliable, cheap and fun! Back in the 70's Pinto's ruled the Pro Stock ranks in drag racing. Gapp and Roush (the same Roush in NASCAR and road racing) and Bob Glidden had 'em!
Go to a local oval race and the Mini Stock class was dominated in numbers by Pintos. I'm gonna snag one of these bad boys!
If you look at those pics, I think the white one is sitting on a Traxxas Bandit chassis, and the gold one is on the Associated SR10. The SR10 has a shorter 10.94" wheelbase. I am kinda digging the look with the rear tires just a bit forward in the wheel opening. I have never had either chassis, so I am wondering which would be best.

There is someone I saw on FB doing a Vega body, they have it pretty close to ready for production. Looks fantastic.

Love the Pinto body, I have a friend with a nitro Jato that wants to build a drag car out of it, so this body might work as long as he uses Bandit arms.

There is a guy designing a drag chassis to fit the Pinto body! And his stuff looks pretty cool. He said it should be ready to go in about a week hopefully.
http://www.chuckworksrc.com/

This is his Redshift 2 chassis for the Slash
IMG_7741.jpeg

Looky
Pro-Line 1/10 Pinto Body
Looks like it is made to fit the Traxxas Bandit?

I can't believe Pro-Line actually created this, but I am glad they did. You don't see the Pinto often at the drag strips, but I have seen a few. A guy I know has one with a 351 Cleveland. He is a custom painter and fabricator, and his Pinto should be on the cover of every car mag there is. One of the coolest cars ever with a killer Grabber Green Boss Mustang paint scheme, complete with the Boss 351 lettering and stripes. The engine bay looks better than any I have ever seen. He has a street driven one as well he calls the 5.0 killer. A complete sleeper with about 500hp.
Omg I love this so many ideas lol

Actually, that body, with that exact paint scheme, is based off a real car and driver. In the early 70's, Bob Glidden drove that exact car in NHRA pro stock. I remember seeing it at a few nostalgia races in SoCal in the early 90's.

Glidden seemed to like the oddball Ford's, since, in 78, he ran a Fairmont (anyone remember those?).
The only thing I don't like about this Pro-Line body is it is a tad too short. I am sure they did that to fit the available chassis, but it reminds me of the comical cars Tamiya put out.
View attachment 130117
Or maybe it's a tad too tall? 🤔

If you look at those pics, I think the white one is sitting on a Traxxas Bandit chassis, and the gold one is on the Associated SR10. The SR10 has a shorter 10.94" wheelbase. I am kinda digging the look with the rear tires just a bit forward in the wheel opening. I have never had either chassis, so I am wondering which would be best.
SR10, hands down. I currently have both, and, the SR10 is way more durable, and, a lot easier to work with set up wise than the Bandit. Its not hard to build into an actual drag chassis either, since the DR10 uses the same arms, shocks, mounts, links, and driveshafts as the SR10, so, to make an SR10 drag car, all you need are tires and wheels and body, whereas, with a Bandit, it would need a ton of upgrades to make it a useable drag car of any kind. I'm currently mixing SR10 parts (chassis), with ProSC10 parts (arms, shocks, mounts, links, driveshafts, to make a wide but short wheelbase stunt truck (just dont tell her LOL).

Last edited:
Actually, that body, with that exact paint scheme, is based off a real car and driver. In the early 70's, Bob Glidden drove that exact car in NHRA pro stock. I remember seeing it at a few nostalgia races in SoCal in the early 90's.

Glidden seemed to like the oddball Ford's, since, in 78, he ran a Fairmont (anyone remember those?).

SR10, hands down. I currently have both, and, the SR10 is way more durable, and, a lot easier to work with set up wise than the Bandit. Its not hard to build into an actual drag chassis either, since the DR10 uses the same arms, shocks, mounts, links, and driveshafts as the SR10, so, to make an SR10 drag car, all you need are tires and wheels and body, whereas, with a Bandit, it would need a ton of upgrades to make it a useable drag car of any kind. I'm currently mixing SR10 parts (chassis), with ProSC10 parts (arms, shocks, mounts, links, driveshafts, to make a wide but short wheelbase stunt truck (just dont tell her LOL).
The car won't be stock. Nothing on it will be. I am opting for the Bandit chassis because you can get a carbon fiber chassis for it from Xtreme Racing, and so far, I've not seen one for the SR10 or anything else in 11.25" wheelbase.
xtr10666.jpg

Actually drag bandit has been an ider of mine for a while now in theory I have most of the parts but the ones that count I have are either cheap or I’ve already used to fix pinky n yes the drag bandit is the brain

Actually drag bandit has been an ider of mine for a while now in theory I have most of the parts but the ones that count I have are either cheap or I’ve already used to fix pinky n yes the drag bandit is the brain
See what skate park kills it first lol actually that one is a pipe dream bc I wouldn’t even get it in the car to get to the skate park before it broke

Reminds me of the cars from the old "Odd Rods" and "Whaky Pak" Stickers.
1681752776110.png

And this.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2349745794...BM0FmfvqyR7ghPHFxdW6dyiIc=|tkp:Bk9SR8bDy4TyYQ

Back