Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STONER RC

BUILD it, SEND it, BASH it, FIX it, REPEAT
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
  6. Boating
Wrenched on my X8s. Put on some new shock springs from VG-racing in cal.
And a set of shock covers to protect the shock shaft and bottom seal from macs-costume-design on ebay also sprayed the covers with some WP to help. The fit nice
1625521952349739247452805081579.jpg
16255218447483881041441377577900.jpg
16255218074055073704650058802996.jpg
And a T-bone racing full skid plate. I'm liking the full plate instead of just the center plate
20210705_124347.jpg

Also this little stand from hobbypark works with the 1/5th. figured I throw that in there remember people asking about stands for the 1/5scale
16255229153432866638619483192646.jpg

Put a new rear axle in the Granite, adjusted the slipper clutch again, and took it out and ripped the other rear axle out. It was a previously injured axle though, so it was expected to fail. It may have been the most dramatic cartwheel I have ever seen that caused it though. It was on hard packed dirt doing near top speed when it caught a tractor tread. It must have done 10 complete cartwheels.

Put a new rear axle in the Granite, adjusted the slipper clutch again, and took it out and ripped the other rear axle out. It was a previously injured axle though, so it was expected to fail. It may have been the most dramatic cartwheel I have ever seen that caused it though. It was on hard packed dirt doing near top speed when it caught a tractor tread. It must have done 10 complete cartwheels.
Oh man that's rough! Good thing it was only the one with that type of cartwheeling. Sure it was a good show yet hart stopping And just after u had it apart.

Oh man that's rough! Good thing it was only the one with that type of cartwheeling. Sure it was a good show yet hart stopping And just after u had it apart.
We have had to repair or replace the axles every time we drive it. This was the longest run before one came apart though, and like I said, it was a damaged axle anyway. So I think we got the slipper dialed in finally.

I just completed the bearing and transmission race setup on my Traxxas Slash. I will attempt the suspension setup later today. Getting closer to hitting the track where total destruction will ultimately occur. LOL I'll practice at a track before I put my Mudboss in a race. ;)

We have had to repair or replace the axles every time we drive it. This was the longest run before one came apart though, and like I said, it was a damaged axle anyway. So I think we got the slipper dialed in finally.
Yeah those slippers can be a pain. I don't think there was one time I took out my truck and didn't break anything lol drive till it breaks

I aint wrench on anything in a week. That lawntoy build wore me out lol
Oh man I'm sure it did man. Alot of thinking and building went to that one. But it was for the better good 👍

. Well, at least cutting the grass can be now done while relaxing in the shade drinking a beer.
Hell yeah man. Or just sit inside in your chair with a cold one and look out window.

Or hook a go pro to it and video feed and watch mower on your TV either way better then pushing the dam thing I HATE MOWING LAWN lol

Oh man I'm sure it did man. Alot of thinking and building went to that one. But it was for the better good 👍

Hell yeah man. Or just sit inside in your chair with a cold one and look out window.

Or hook a go pro to it and video feed and watch mower on your TV either way better then pushing the dam thing I HATE MOWING LAWN lol
I may be tempted to try an FPV set up eventually but for now I have to be out with the mower, especially when going around trees etc cuz I have to be able to see the exact position of the mower but I dont mind walking aorund the yard a bit as long as I aint pushin and spinning the lawn mower around. :)

I may be tempted to try an FPV set up eventually but for now I have to be out with the mower, especially when going around trees etc cuz I have to be able to see the exact position of the mower but I dont mind walking aorund the yard a bit as long as I aint pushin and spinning the lawn mower around. :)
Just mount the camera on a pole sticking off the back far enough to see the mower and the path ahead.

Just mount the camera on a pole sticking off the back far enough to see the mower and the path ahead.
I thought about trying to see if they have an FPV set up with a 360degree camera and some VR goggles so I could look around as if I was behind the mower pushing it. :)

I thought about trying to see if they have an FPV set up with a 360degree camera and some VR goggles so I could look around as if I was behind the mower pushing it. :)
Yes, that is possible. Some goggles will sense head turning, and that can control a channel. So you just mount the camera atop a servo.

I have never seen anyone go 360 with it though. Not sure if the goggles do that. But if not, you could increase the camera rotation using gears

Yes, that is possible. Some goggles will sense head turning, and that can control a channel. So you just mount the camera atop a servo.

I have never seen anyone go 360 with it though. Not sure if the goggles do that. But if not, you could increase the camera rotation using gears
Interesting. I know nothing about FPV yet sooooo that will be a treat lol. I have thought about setting up a racing FPV quad though but I think instead I'm gonna try No prep first before trying some other form of racing :)

Interesting. I know nothing about FPV yet sooooo that will be a treat lol. I have thought about setting up a racing FPV quad though but I think instead I'm gonna try No prep first before trying some other form of racing :)
The best thing you could do before getting into FPV quads is grab a transmitter and a drone racing simulator like Velocidrone or DRL or something. If you have never flown one, it will take you a minute to get the hang of it. But once it hits you, there is simply no other RC driving like it. It is frustrating. You will crash a LOT. But the moment you get it, you will feel exactly how I imagine a bird feels. It is truely amazing. Even if you never actually get a quad, the simulator with a decent transmitter is a blast. I have this X9D
14856.jpg

Last edited:
The best thing you could do before getting into FPV quads is grab a transmitter and a drone racing simulator like Velocidrone or something. If you have never flown one, it will take you a minute to get the hang of it. But once it hits you, there is simply no other RC driving like it. It is frustrating. You will crash a LOT. But the moment you get it, you will feel exactly how I imagine a bird feels. It is truely amazing. Even if you never actually get a quad, the simulator with a decent transmitter is a blast. I have this X9D
View attachment 129176
I've got a 1st gen DX8 radio, just need the software and I'm assuming some sort of dongle to hook it up to the computer? Or is this VR software where you have to have some sort of VR headset to run it on?

IMG_7405.JPG

I've got a 1st gen DX8 radio, just need the software and I'm assuming some sort of dongle to hook it up to the computer? Or is this VR software where you have to have some sort of VR headset to run it on?

View attachment 129177
If it has a USB out you just plug it into your pc and set it up just like a game controller. To be honest, when I set mine up I was in Discord voice chat with an expert that talled me through it in the Velocidrone software. You can download Discord and get in FPVFutures Discord channel and there are lots of guys in there that can talk you through it.

If it has a USB out you just plug it into your pc and set it up just like a game controller. To be honest, when I set mine up I was in Discord voice chat with an expert that talled me through it in the Velocidrone software. You can download Discord and get in FPVFutures Discord channel and there are lots of guys in there that can talk you through it.
Cool, I may do that if I actually ever decide to pursue this. i use discord already :)

View attachment 129177
Those controllers are crazy sweet very nice. Got the perfect place to practice and flying and can race
16255908468328216394423479485714.jpg