Looking for a rc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel C

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I'm looking for a rc buggy that can get up to somewhere around 40-45 mph for $150.00-$200.00 with a motor. No nitro. Any suggestions?

I'm looking for a rc buggy that can get up to somewhere around 40-45 mph for $150.00-$200.00 with a motor. No nitro. Any suggestions?
You should be able to get a 1/18th scale, like the Losi Mini-T 2.0 up to those speeds pretty easily.

You should be able to get a 1/18th scale, like the Losi Mini-T 2.0 up to those speeds pretty easily.
You would have to mod it with a brushless system to get it up to those speeds. which would run him a little more than $200 total but I dont know of any RCs that will go 40-45mph for $200 or less.

Some of the brushed Traxxas kits will do about 30-35mph and I think like the Rustler comes in under $200. Take a look at THESE. Any one of these (maybe not the bandit? lol) would be a good starter kit. Theyre gonna be a little slower than what you are hoping for but can be made faster later on and they will be a lot bigger than the Losi Mini-T. Not that theres anything wrong with the Mini-T, I have one of them and a Mini-B but I'm guessing you're looking for something bigger. :)