Just Couldn't Resists!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xraycer

RCTalk VIP
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
I went to the local rc shop today to pick up a few small things and came home with this:
0501211902a.jpg

This truck has been piqueing my interest lately, so when I saw it at the store today....I totally caved!
Busy tonight, so won't get to unbox it until tomorrow.

Awesome truck. Lookin forward to hearing about your mods.

Awesome! :D Any upgrades in mind?
Right now, I would like to add a bunch of cosmetic accessories to the body, and definitely lights.
I want to have really good trail performance, so I think I'm just going to tint out the glass and not do a full interior, to preserve low the center of gravity. I'm going to check around the internet to get more ideas. It'll be a work in progress. A fun one at that!

After an entire day of yard work, I finally got to play with my new toy. This rtr rig drives great, right out of the box! Ran it in the back of the property.
I probably had a dumb grin on my face the entire time, I was running this thing.

0502211641.jpg
0502211642.jpg

0502211643a.jpg

I went to the local rc shop today to pick up a few small things and came home with this:
View attachment 126733
This truck has been piqueing my interest lately, so when I saw it at the store today....I totally caved!
Busy tonight, so won't get to unbox it until tomorrow.
Nice choice! I have the first version but wish I had the V2 as it doesn't have the belly bump and has stronger axles and portal gears. I ordered the upgraded gears and axles for mine and they should be here in a week or so.
I've added Pro-Line hyrax tires, weighted wheels and brass portal covers to lower the center of gravity on mine.

Nice choice! I have the first version but wish I had the V2 as it doesn't have the belly bump and has stronger axles and portal gears. I ordered the upgraded gears and axles for mine and they should be here in a week or so.
I've added Pro-Line hyrax tires, weighted wheels and brass portal covers to lower the center of gravity on mine.
Yeah, Man, I am loving this rig! So capable for a scale crawler.
From what I've heard, they've replaced the tires with Super Swampers and added softer foam. I don't know what the original tire setup was like, but the new setup works awesome!
What are you using for brass portal covers? When you say weighted wheels, did you just add lead to the inside of the wheels?

Yeah, Man, I am loving this rig! So capable for a scale crawler.
From what I've heard, they've replaced the tires with Super Swampers and added softer foam. I don't know what the original tire setup was like, but the new setup works awesome!
What are you using for brass portal covers? When you say weighted wheels, did you just add lead to the inside of the wheels?
I actually replaced the stock wheels with heavier ones. Brass portal covers I found on eBay. They also have brass portal cases.

Glad Mean Green is living up to your expectations, looks like a fun rig. :)
It really exceeded my expectations! I didn't think I would enjoy scale crawlers this much.
I got a roof rack with a light bar on the way. I think it's really gonna make the truck pop! I was deciding what included graphics to put on it, but I already see that the body really takes a lot of beating/scraping. So, I'm looking into alternative options for body decorations. The bare green actually doesn't bother me that much.
Other accessories I want are: winch, spare tire, jack, gas tanks, hand tools, cb antenna....and perhaps skids plates and a hitch on basket.

It really exceeded my expectations! I didn't think I would enjoy scale crawlers this much.
I got a roof rack with a light bar on the way. I think it's really gonna make the truck pop! I was deciding what included graphics to put on it, but I already see that the body really takes a lot of beating/scraping. So, I'm looking into alternative options for body decorations. The bare green actually doesn't bother me that much.
Other accessories I want are: winch, spare tire, jack, gas tanks, hand tools, cb antenna....and perhaps skids plates and a hitch on basket.

I know how you feel, I can't wait for my Sendero crawler to come so I can start accessorizing! :thumbs-up:

My roof rack came today!

Solid construction, and those lights are super bright. Can't wait until night fall to try them out!
The rack really helps to break up all that green. And what's really cool is that I can use that high, front bar to pick up the entire rig.
0510211835a.jpg

0510211836a.jpg
0510211836d.jpg

Back