Spare traxxas 3.3 Just modded the piston sleeve{"tuning it after mod"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankvee

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Had a traxxas 3.3 nitro engine I really didnt use anymore. So I decided to mod the piston sleeve with some fangs. Before I did this the engine would start rite away. Now I can't get it to start up at all. Is there a special way to tune it after the mod. Any help would brighten my day Thanks

Had a traxxas 3.3 nitro engine I really didnt use anymore. So I decided to mod the piston sleeve with some fangs. Before I did this the engine would start rite away. Now I can't get it to start up at all. Is there a special way to tune it after the mod. Any help would brighten my day Thanks

Fangs cut in the sleeve causes the engine to scruff up more fuel from inside the crank case ,
I think for better fuel transfer & mileage is all ,but it may cause a richer tune ,not sure!..:cool:

Thats exactly what happened still have not tuned it more but shure went thru the whole tank pretty fast.

I've never tried to modify a nitro engine before so I'm not much help here :(

Thats exactly what happened still have not tuned it more but shure went thru the whole tank pretty fast.

If you noticed it drinking a lot of fuel ,then the needles needs to be turned in!
I would start turn first at a full 1/4 turn ,an then go from there an start tuning!

Turn hsn needle in a full 1/4 turn before you start the engine ,then start it ,run
it to warm it up ,if the RPM's start to climb on its own ,then back the idle set scrrew
off a little ,if it is still wanting to run sluggy or emits a lot of smoke ,then it needs to be
leaner ,at that point ,only turn the hsn needle in about the width of your screw driver
increments until your engine starts to sound smoother an snappier!
At that point you can also start leaning your Lsn needle in about a width of a screw tip ,
after you turn it ,give your engine a quick throttle stab ,if engine revs up quick with out
any studder or sluggish ,then your good on the Lsn!

Try that tactic!..đź‘Ť

awesome thank you so much I will do exactly like you said later today. Will let you know what happens.