X maxx spring upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevenMax

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Just picked up a new X MAXX 8s. Stick springs seem good but was wondering about dual rate or progressive springs, possibly going up to 45-50wt shock oil also. Anyone with an x maxx ever changed their springs? Looking for feedback, thanks!

I've had good luck with VG Racing dual rate springs on various trucks over the years. I currently have them on GTR's on my eJato, stampede 4x4 and ERBEv2. I also have a set of them on some LST2 shocks for when/if I install them on my savage flux hp.

Many years ago when I had an aftershock (cheap LST1), I ran the dual rates on that as well and really liked them vs just running stiffer springs. Gives you a bit of a happy medium so it's not bouncy on smaller stuff, but still stiffer as they compress to handle the jumps better.

I've had good luck with VG Racing dual rate springs on various trucks over the years. I currently have them on GTR's on my eJato, stampede 4x4 and ERBEv2. I also have a set of them on some LST2 shocks for when/if I install them on my savage flux hp.

Many years ago when I had an aftershock (cheap LST1), I ran the dual rates on that as well and really liked them vs just running stiffer springs. Gives you a bit of a happy medium so it's not bouncy on smaller stuff, but still stiffer as they compress to handle the jumps better.
I have dual rates on my t maxx and progressives on my rustler. The only thing I see for the x maxx is prolines rip-off spring set of which the top lighter spring stays fully compressed just by the vehicles weight.

Back